• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhiPsi32

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks PhiPsi32.

I actually put forest green laces on those boots. I'll take some more photos when I get a chance.

***Edit***

Left to right

Snuff Suede PT Boot by LS
Snuff Suede LWB (proxied for another SF member)
Chocolate suede PT Boot Modified Last

Last edited:

SuitedDx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

nephew,
all rules are made to be broken, the dress code in my first professional firm was hat, three piece suit, white shirt, black shoes

Funny this is how I look when I go to work... more often brown shoes though. Also, thanks for the inflation education uncle.

The Alden Thread.
Come for the shoes; stay for the enabling.

Awww, how did I miss all the addiction/enabling/self-help conversations? :)

Kashiwa

Reaction score
Lakota House nailed this one.

http://www.lakota.co.jp/updates/index.php?ID=5140

Alcibiades

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I've got some Ravello sitting around that I'd like to get rid of, but I'm having second thoughts about returning the recent J. Crew version. The brass eyelets with the antique sole really creates an entirely different shoe than the dark sole. Although, how many pairs of brown longwings does a guy need (I think I already have 7)?

I agree that the dark soled ravello is almost an entirely different look from this unique shoe. I rarely wear my wingtips with denim, but I could see wearing the J Crew ravello with denim basically all year.

MoneyWellSpent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
was doing some organizing tonight so I snapped some boot pics. excuse the poor lighting

still on the hunt for ravello chukkas and possibly a pebble grain captoe/ptb.

hoping the kudu modified order goes thru, along with DC Thor boot, and then I think i'm done with boots (not a fan of suede)
smile.gif

Great collection of beautiful boots!

MoneyWellSpent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

They are the ones to the top right^^^ You can kind of see how they compare to the ravello LWB (2nd from the the top left)

Both of the above are J Crew calf LWB (tobacco to the right)

^^^In the wild, but poor quality pic, sorry

As REguy put it, great beater shoes for a good price on ebay... cost the same as AE but much better than the calf McNeil (imho).

I love those. I would have a hard time calling them "beater" shoes!

BeSpiffington

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

They are the ones to the top right^^^ You can kind of see how they compare to the ravello LWB (2nd from the the top left) I really like the Ravello LWB in the photo. Is that an Alden SF version? Where did you get the cool heel and welt treatment on #8 blucher to the left of the LWB? Both of the above are J Crew calf LWB (tobacco to the right) ^^^In the wild, but poor quality pic, sorry As REguy put it, great beater shoes for a good price on ebay... cost the same as AE but much better than the calf McNeil (imho).

irbe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^
When did Jcrew come out with those???

sungmineyo

Reaction score
Sorry for another sizing question,

I am wearing Grant last captoe boots in 7D / Indy in 6D and I am planning to get barrie last LWB what size should I get?
I am living in Canada so I can't go in to store and try them on.
Thanks in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads