1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zippyh

zippyh Senior member

You might want to get that checked out by a doctor if yours looks like that. :)

2 people like this.
  2. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

Haha...so as not imply ownership, I used the indefinite article A dick, and not....MY dick. Bonus points to anyone who knows that reference.

3. elvi679

elvi679 Senior member

I have ordered from bureau Belfast before and it worked out well. Took a bit to receive but got a unique makeup. I would recommend them without questions.

4. Shawnc

Shawnc Senior member

I agree, they look really nice. Definitely good to hear that they are hard to find. Sine they were defects the cost was only $300. At that price-point, I'll keep them.

5. Shawnc

Shawnc Senior member

I love this site.

6. MrGuy

MrGuy Active Member

Need help fellas. How durable/resilient is cxl? I brought my natty cxl tassels to NYC, and the forecast has taken a turn for the worse. I have my treated suede chukkas, tassels, and a pair of canvas Sperry sneakers. Have some plans where my canvas sneaks will not suffice, and suede treatment or not, I'm super hesitant to wear the chukkas. Am I safe in cxl with a little rain?

7. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Senior member

8. Bakes11771

Bakes11771 Senior member

Why have you not shared pics of the Natty CXL Tassels?

I can't believe you have the audacity to come to us asking for help while holding out on us in such an extreme way.

I'm not sure that Natty CXL Tassels have ever been posted in this thread.

Shame on you!

Last edited: Jul 12, 2013
  9. MrGuy

MrGuy Active Member

I've not actually worn them yet. Only broken them in. Pics to follow.Many many pics, if you so desire. Thank you to everyone for such timely responses. I still don't know how to quote on the phone...

10. clee1982

clee1982 Senior member

Quote on the phone used to work for me, not anymore, guess someone changed the javascript a bit...

11. Bakes11771

Bakes11771 Senior member

Looking forward to it!

I have eyed that model numerous times, but was unsure how I'd feel about it once it turned gold. Also a voice inside my head told me that I already have enough versions of the Tassel.

One thing to note, is that when leather soles soak up water, they become soft and consequently wear much faster while they are wet.

12. mcarthur

mcarthur Senior member

nephew,
    thank you

13. MrGuy

MrGuy Active Member

Bakes, the patina is what I'm most looking forward to. I've seen some natty cxl turn grey-ish (display pair of brixton boots in store at epaulet, a few weeks ago), which is much more worrisome to me

14. Bakes11771

Bakes11771 Senior member

Interesting, I think I would prefer the greyish. Maybe it has to do with brushing/not brushing? I defer to El Argentino, as our unofficial resident authority on natty cxl patina development.

1 person likes this.
  15. Roguls

Roguls Senior member

Wayne's World?

16. 89826

89826 Senior member

I am making a move into mocha kid suede. Alden hq says it really does come from goats. I think it looks sharper than the regular stuff. Do have some C&J and EG calf suede.

Big for me, since I have about 30 pairs of shells. But I bought some tassel moccasins at Brooks and am hooked. NST's from NRO (fingers crossed) are coming. Would like some UPL's, PTB's, chukkas, and other models. Any suggestions for suppliers?

17. Bakes11771

Bakes11771 Senior member

I thought the Mocha Kid Tassels were one of the only, if not only, Kid Suede models Alden makes. The rest is some other suede variety. No?

18. sazon

sazon Senior member

Looking great. I wore the same today. And with the Nano spray from Leffot, I wasn't the least bit worried when the rain stared to come down today in Gotham city.

19. 89826

89826 Senior member

NRO shows a plaza-lasted loafer in addition to NST's. It's a dynamite leather; I'm hoping there's more.

20. Shawnc

Shawnc Senior member

Excellent advice indeed. Much appreciated. Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.