• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

pennzi12

Reaction score
Does anyone own this model?

http://www.theshoemart.com/alden-me...pvc-ald-mxsbd-44611h_ald_m_wing_tip_boot.html

I am loving that texture for some casual wear. Wondering how it looks with a little bit of wear on them.

I posted pictures of these a few pages back. Purchased in the fall and wear them all the time. Great color and surprisingly flexible leather boot. I think the All Weather Walker is made from the same leather. Maybe others can chime in on their experiences.

tmw

Reaction score

The folks at Alden DC told me there is a severe shortage of shell cordovan belts, especially in the nonstandard colors.  I'm surprised anyone has them, as I was told it would be a several month lead time.

I make the rounds at all the Alden shops every so often just for S+G's asking for shell belts....often I hear a sigh at the end of the phone. Honestly, I don't think anyone has a clue.
The best bet for a shell (non-Alden) belt right now is Epaulet. I bought a saddle shell belt from them last month and love it. Not cheap though. If enough of us got together and asked Adele and Mike to have Carmina make a bunch of belts for SF members maybe they'll be interested?

My 10 y.o #8 Alden belt is well loved and still looking great.

sevenfoldtieguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I make the rounds at all the Alden shops every so often just for S+G's asking for shell belts....often I hear a sigh at the end of the phone. Honestly, I don't think anyone has a clue.
The best bet for a shell (non-Alden) belt right now is Epaulet. I bought a saddle shell belt from them last month and love it. Not cheap though. If enough of us got together and asked Adele and Mike to have Carmina make a bunch of belts for SF members maybe they'll be interested?

My 10 y.o #8 Alden belt is well loved and still looking great.

I was told by a major Alden retailer employee that he has literally never even seen a ravello belt. :D

blue collar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

We should start a support group...

... oh wait, we are already here.

Some (most) would call us the "more money than brains club"...even though I have no money.

"Hi my name is ______ and i just spent $720 on shoes that I'm afraid to wear in the rain, that dont quite fit, that people think look like plastic, all becaue they are a rare color ..."

:fistbump: at least there is a special page for people like us!!!

shaunw

Reaction score
The Unionmade Kirkwood Cordovan Cap Toe Boot in Ravello 39623HC, I'm really digging these.........
nod[1].gif

Don L

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
^^^Man I'm bummed my order never made it for those. Absolutely killer
inlove.gif
^^^

First wear for my newly restored Black Calf NST's with new waterlock soles.

sazon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Some (most) would call us the "more money than brains club"...even though I have no money.

"Hi my name is ______ and i just spent $720 on shoes that I'm afraid to wear in the rain, that dont quite fit, that people think look like plastic, all becaue they are a rare color ..."

:fistbump: at least there is a special page for people like us!!!

Or, I propose:

Hi, my name is ____________. I just spent $720 on a horse's a$$.

J Gilbert's plaza last NST today. Picture color is a bit off, but the beauty of #8 comes through

sazon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cigar boot looking great. Almost looks like a color 8. Must have been a dark batch of cigar.

tmw

Reaction score

Cigar boot looking great. Almost looks like a color 8. Must have been a dark batch of cigar.

Thanks, and yes a very nice deep and consistent color throughout.
Courtesy of the wonderful Kathy at Alden D.C.

neutrino

Reaction score
Frank, a dark welt there, right? I suppose it's common for Alden SF cigar and ravello styles?

100 yrs

Reaction score
on the subject of belts, i bought a couple of calf belts from user zissou that have served me well - one in oxblood which matches #8 well enough for me, and one in natural which pairs with natural cxl. it felt great to buy from a forum member. also, i don't like it when belts and shoes match exactly.

Alcibiades

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Frank, a dark welt there, right? I suppose it's common for Alden SF cigar and ravello styles?

I received a pair of ravello longwings from SF with a dark brown welt - I love it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics