• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kwhitelaw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I also recommend Kent Wang's shoes if you need a plain balmoral. I have the brown captoes and they're a great pair, especially considering the price.
how's sizing on these? I'm looking at the black ones now, pricing is impressive..

blue collar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

^ This.

I wore my Black Plain Toe boots with commando sole (gasp!) for my wedding...it was an outdoor wedding and reception so it seemed...and.was- appropriate.

..and I looked pretty darn dapper if I do not say so myself :) - ...and brushing them too much helped me direct my nervous energy in the hours preceding.

Cool shot man :fonz:

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I haven't seen many pictures of whiskey NST shoes in this thread. Anyone own this style, or have any opinions on it?

nephew
per your request

Last edited:

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

How do Kent Wang's size compared to Aldens?

how's sizing on these? I'm looking at the black ones now, pricing is impressive.. 

TTS in my experience. I have narrow feet (12B or 12C in Barrie/TB, 12.5C Leydon), but since KW only offers D widths, I went down 1/2 size and up one width from my Leydon size to 12D. I had to put in a felt tongue pad to get a better fit because of the D width but now they're perfect. I don't want to post any non-Alden got pics here but I re-posted one of my older pics in the Kent Wang thread if you want to see what they look like IRL.

/end derailment, back to Alden!

sazon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Uncle Mac - those Whiskey NSTs look like your feet don't even touch the ground when you walk.

Gents - gotta part with my ravello WTBs and Cigar LWB if anyone is looking...

pennzi12

Reaction score
Many Thanks to everyone who has contributed to this thread over the years. This thread truly has been and continues to be a valuable source of information for not only Alden's but all well made men's footwear. In return some photo contributions.

Recent Addition: TSM Brown Alpine Grain WTB

tsekh

Reaction score

I bought a pair of Park Avenues last week and used them for a convention for a week. I used Alden's print out guide to gauge my sizing and went with a 7.5D.
They were tight. If i wore thin socks, they were bearable but if the socks were a little thicker, my right pinkie toe would hurt as well as the midsole. The uppers have stretched out as below (this looks extremely unnatural to me)- is this a terribly sized shoe for me? I am going to have to go to the Alden store but any opinions would be appreciated.

I have put them up on eBay to anyone who is interested. Will having stretched the uppers like this destroy the resale value of the shoe?

Did you just mix up Alden with Allen Edmonds?

sevenfoldtieguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I bought a pair of Park Avenues last week and used them for a convention for a week. I used Alden's print out guide to gauge my sizing and went with a 7.5D.
They were tight. If i wore thin socks, they were bearable but if the socks were a little thicker, my right pinkie toe would hurt as well as the midsole. The uppers have stretched out as below (this looks extremely unnatural to me)- is this a terribly sized shoe for me? I am going to have to go to the Alden store but any opinions would be appreciated.

I have put them up on eBay to anyone who is interested. Will having stretched the uppers like this destroy the resale value of the shoe?

I'm confused.

Eleganza

Reaction score
Besides using an Alden shoe chart to measure up for a pair of Allen Edmonds, those damned things look as if a baby elephant took a stroll in them.

Last edited:

meso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What he said.
Also, park aves tend to run narrow.
I've never had the opening of shoes blow out like that, so can only guess you sized way too small...

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Uncle Mac - those Whiskey NSTs look like your feet don't even touch the ground when you walk.

Gents - gotta part with my ravello WTBs and Cigar LWB if anyone is looking...

nephew,
thank you

krn.nyc

Reaction score
damn it, wrong thread! sorry about that (i used AE's sizing guide btw, brain fail)

Last edited:

Organika

Reaction score
So I'm recently engaged and am in a need of a black shoe for the wedding (I'll most likely be wearing a charcoal suit). Should I go Alden 907 or 932? Leaning towards the 907.

907:

932:

Third option is the Allen Edmond Park Ave, but would prefer the Alden I think.
907. Such a nice shine, but, make sure you fit these in person, don't want these to fit to snug. I have a pair and felt great in the store but later wished I went up a half size. The cap toe pattern in cordovan has a pretty strong break behind the cap toe so you need a little room in there to avoid any pinching. One of my favorites though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads