• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeatherSOUL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorry, forgot to mention why I am selling them so cheap...because like I said, even at those crazy prices, people are still asking for more discount. We answered about 150 emails yesterday about the sale and only sold 8 pairs. If I was having the same sale on sizes 8-9, we would have sold about 300 pairs easy.

MoneyWellSpent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
lurker[1].gif

kwhitelaw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My cost on that $515 shoe is about $325 ($250 cost, $15 shipping, $60 commission + % rent). So, at $195 I am losing $130.

Still people are asking for more discount.

We do this because obviously the market is smaller for sizes over 10. The most common size in the US is about 9-9.5 and in Asia about 8-9. Yet we always get complaints that we don't have enough large sizes. Now you know the reason.

dingdingding... coming from a previous career at the retail level, I can respect markups.. also am well aware of reductions from time to time to not only free up more buying power but also move possible stagnant product..

that all being said, answer the info@leathersoul... email that I sent lol. curious what inventory is avail in my sizes

LeatherSOUL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

dingdingding... coming from a previous career at the retail level, I can respect markups.. also am well aware of reductions from time to time to not only free up more buying power but also move possible stagnant product..

that all being said, answer the info@leathersoul... email that I sent lol. curious what inventory is avail in my sizes

Haha, dude calm down, you sent an email 34 minutes ago!

LeatherSOUL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

My cost on that $515 shoe is about $325 ($250 cost, $15 shipping, $60 commission + % rent). So, at $195 I am losing $130.

Still people are asking for more discount.

We do this because obviously the market is smaller for sizes over 10. The most common size in the US is about 9-9.5 and in Asia about 8-9. Yet we always get complaints that we don't have enough large sizes. Now you know the reason.

Whoops, miscalculated. My cost sold at $195 would be about $290 so I am only losing about $95 at that price.

fitchottie

Reaction score

Sorry, forgot to mention why I am selling them so cheap...because like I said, even at those crazy prices, people are still asking for more discount. We answered about 150 emails yesterday about the sale and only sold 8 pairs. If I was having the same sale on sizes 8-9, we would have sold about 300 pairs easy.

People ask for a discount on 195.00? hell I would never have a problm paying that.

LeatherSOUL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

People ask for a discount on 195.00? hell I would never have a problm paying that.

We hear it all...can I get a discount on two pairs...can I get free shipping...can you throw in shoe trees...can you go down to 175...:fu:

Feji

Reaction score

Whoops, miscalculated. My cost sold at $195 would be about $290 so I am only losing about $95 at that price.

Step your game up. People obviously spoiled from Mr Porter's sales last year, where they paid people to take their left over inventory.

JK

CHRK33

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nubuck Pitt boot in 10.5C gone and the 10.5 chocolate suede plaza semi-brogue also sold. Unlucky that of the 8 pair you actually sold, my two wants were gone. I would have helped your ratio - 1 email, 2 pairs gone.

scb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

If you had some E widths, I'd have bought some! :) I tried to talk myself into some 11.5D barrie when I'm an 11E, but decided it probably wouldn't work. Looks like you might have sold those pairs anyway...

blue collar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

If you had some E widths, I'd have bought some! :) I tried to talk myself into some 11.5D barrie when I'm an 11E, but decided it probably wouldn't work. Looks like you might have sold those pairs anyway...

Same here. All the plaza shoes offered are awesome...but i need an 11.5E in the plaza :fu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics