***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PhiPsi32

PhiPsi32 Senior member

True, but I do place a strong value on being able to order what I want whenever I want with a more predictable delivery time frame.

If they do come up on the seconds list, I'll never forgive the man who cops them before I do!

2. jvc44

jvc44 Senior member

The one I have has leather souls , pretty sure it is c&j how's the boot compare to others out there my first shell thanks

3. jvc44

jvc44 Senior member

The one I have has leather souls , pretty sure it is c&j how's the boot compare to others out there my first shell thanks

4. Papa Doble

Papa Doble Senior member

I agree with all of this.

I probably would not wear any loafers with a dark, conservative suit, but I might wear a pair of LHS with a khaki cotton suit in the spring or summer (I happen to own neither of these items, which I should perhaps rectify).

5. Ian L

Ian L Senior member

ye there're two versions out there, leather sole and dainite sole. According to the sales in store, CJ made a mistake by making some with leather sole instead of dainite sole, which BB wanted. So after getting my order, which was with leather sole, I did an exchange to dainite sole. Can be less careful ha!

6. Alcibiades

Alcibiades Senior member

An outdoor photo of what is becoming one of my favorite Alden pairs:

[​IMG]

7. ReppTiePrepster

ReppTiePrepster Senior member

IMHO, I would go with the Tassel Moc. It is Alden's original creation from back in the 40's(?). For me, the sizing was the best of the three. The LHS is classic prepster, but a little too wide for a slip-on (I can still make it work). The full strap was very difficult to find a proper fitting size. Last summer at Alden DC, I had found a ravello full strap on sale for $500 (score!!), in a 10.5D which is my TTS. But due to the low vamp, I couldn't walk with it not falling off my foot. We tried different sizes in the full strap and couldn't narrow it down (no pun intended). The Tassel moc in 10.5D fits perfectly even though they are on the same last.

I really like the Tassel Moc, esp. the BB version.

8. MarioImpemba

MarioImpemba Senior member

9. PhiPsi32

PhiPsi32 Senior member

Ah, I got hit with the plain white box too. I don't think I ever posted about that though. All I sent in were the boots in the box (I kept the shoe bags and the laces). Otherwise Alden did a great job for me (on two different pair). I suggest calling the factory.

10. aarice

aarice Active Member

I'm kicking myself for missing out on the Unionmade Indy boots.

Anyone know where/how I could get a similar pair with the Goodyear wedge sole? I've been waiting for a similar look since last year's NeedSupply version.

11. PhiPsi32

PhiPsi32 Senior member

Are you looking more for the cognac leather or the wedge sole?

12. aarice

aarice Active Member

The wedge sole.

13. PhiPsi32

PhiPsi32 Senior member

It's an imperfect solution, but you can have wedge soles put on another Indy boot. I have the Goodyear wedge sole on my LS conservation boot. It's very comfortable, but gets dirty quickly. I haven't found a good way of cleaning them.

14. sazon

sazon Senior member

Sweet Ginger Brown (name the movie) these look beautiful. Gotta put these on my list !!! Color 8 should be known as the exotic color !

Last edited: Jan 9, 2013

15. jt2gt

jt2gt Senior member

May want to call or email the actual stores. Sometimes they have product in stores that is not shown on the website. I had that happen on something else from them. JT

Last edited: Jan 9, 2013

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.