***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. arrow

arrow Senior member

Yup, Heels as well.
    I'm having it done at Al's Attire in San Francisco... just FYI.

2. Trapp

Trapp Senior member

How much he charging for it?

I live right near his store. He has some great lady's footwear in there at the moment.

3. DrZRM

DrZRM Senior member

Who did you get to do them? I'm very tempted to do that with my Ultimates after seeing the pics a few pages back. Edit: Never mind, maybe I should read to the end of the thread before I ask questions.
    I couldn't resist the experiment... [​IMG] + CAT's PAW Soles We'll see in a few weeks...

4. Johdus Fanfoozal

Johdus Fanfoozal Senior member

So.... back to the kudu chukka. Anybody have them?

5. slappy

slappy Senior member

Ha J.Crew sold out of a few sizes of Indy boots presumably because of yesterdays sale. I just called them to confirm that I ordered them in time and won't have to wait a month for a restocking. Luckily I snuck by and they are on their way.

6. iansir

iansir Well-Known Member

Finally NRO claims to have shipped my order after an almost 4 month wait...we shall see if i get some indys tomorrow, they will be going up for sale since i already have a pair from epaulet. If you want some 8.5d indys in chromexcel let me know...

7. bbhewee

bbhewee Senior member

This might be a better place to post this than in Men's Clothing

To the Alden Indy owners out there, I just managed to get my first pair from the Shoemart Irregulars list. I wanted the standard 403 Chromexcel ones, but between the time I called and the time my friend in NYC called to order, they had sold out. Fortunately I was able to order the 40514H Shoemart (Bootmaker?) edition in Chromexcel, but had to spend an extra 60 USD (still well below RRP). If I'm not mistaken they are similar to Leathersoul's Ultimate Indys, without the Commando sole.

Does anyone own these and do you think the full leather lining makes it worth it? Are there any other differences? Thanks.

8. slappy

slappy Senior member

It was my understanding that the 405 didn't come in chromexcel. Im not overly knowledgeable on the subject however.

9. bbhewee

bbhewee Senior member

From the research I've done, the 40514H was a special edition in Chromexcel before the 403 became part of the standard Alden offering.

This is the picture I found while googling for this ref and it was posted by theshoemart itself on askandy...

[​IMG]

10. slappy

slappy Senior member

Yea looks the same except maybe the sole is slightly different. So you're saying this one isn't leather lined? Doesnt seem like a big deal to me, how much did you get it for?

11. bbhewee

bbhewee Senior member

What I'm saying is that these are fully leather-lined as opposed to the standard ones being cotton-lined from what I've been reading. Once again I may be wrong.
    I got them for 299 inc shipping, whereas the standard 403 were 239 (which was a real bargain). Still rather happy although quite frankly the price hike from 344 to 435 in the last year has been quite spectacular.

12. slappy

slappy Senior member

Yea the price hike is really something, I only bought a pair when J.Crew had the 15% off sale. I figured I would eventually cave and get them anyways later in the future so why not save 80 bucks. Also, I was under the impression that the 403s sold at shoemart are leather lined, the J.Crew ones are.

13. bbhewee

bbhewee Senior member

Seems like you're right. I'm utterly confused now.[​IMG]

Oh well, now I'll have to wait and see when they come in.

14. jasonfoote303

jasonfoote303 Senior member

15. nakedundermyclothes

nakedundermyclothes Senior member

baller^

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.