1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bespoken pa

bespoken pa Senior member

Im in nyc now and truthfully there is everything you could want. JM Weston, Saks etc. Saks has a pretty solid variety. Like others I prefer leffot, wonderful service, Steven and Che are both great.If you're into denim I suggest blue in green. Raw denim and Alden are a great combo. Yesterday I had to wait to walk down greene st as Cameron Diaz was filming a movie just an fyi.

1 person likes this.
  2. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

3. Bakes11771

Bakes11771 Senior member

Citishoes might be worth checking out.

4. BootSpell

BootSpell Senior member

Aren't you in on the Kudu Indy mto on the modified with Moulded Shoe? And you already have this?

5. Hermitedge

Hermitedge Senior member

About to give up on Alden loafers. Recently received my suede lhs, which is indeed a beautiful shoe... but i'm sure after a few wears my foot is going to slip out.

When you wear this loafer, do you guys start out with the fit being snug or is there some looseness when you walk due to the leather sole?

6. mdubs

mdubs The Mayor of Aldensville

Those are absolutely splendid.

7. itsmejson

itsmejson Senior member

Does anyone know if the AE players belt in snuff suede is similar in color to the Alden snuff suede chukkas?

8. ReppTiePrepster

ReppTiePrepster Senior member

If memory serves correct, Brooks Brothers, Alden (Madison), and Allen Edmonds are all within a block of each other. J Crew at 30 Rock is a short walk away (they carry several Alden options in store). The next time I'm on the Island, I will visit Citishoes and Crockett & Jones.

Happy travels my friend!

9. TactileOne

TactileOne Senior member

Epaulet is also offering a suede belt that looks as if it may be close to snuff.

10. PhiPsi32

PhiPsi32 Senior member

Yes, I started the Kudu Indy MTO list. That's how much I like these boots (and the Modified Last).

11. Alcibiades

Alcibiades Senior member

Recommended Alden / Cordovan itinerary in NYC (north to south)

J Crew Men's Store - 79th and Madison
    Ralph Lauren Mansion (for Marlow shoes) - 71st and Madison
    Citishoes - 55th and Park
    Brooks Brothers - 45th and Madison
    Alden - 44th and Madison
    Moulded Shoe - 39th between Madison and 5th
    Leffot - Christopher St
    Epaulet - Orchard Street

1 person likes this.
  12. docalden2013

docalden2013 Senior member

Not sure about the AE, but let me recommend the Carmina snuff suede belt from Epaulet. It matches perfectly with my snuff lwb's, chukkas and upl. They were a pleasure to deal with and belt came in 2 days.

Happy hunting!

13. clee1982

clee1982 Senior member

since you mentioned BB, Paul Stuart carry a bit Cordovan as well, Carmina per SA. Also there is an AE right around the corner, though they're the smaller one, so usually not that many cordovan in stock

14. bespoken pa

bespoken pa Senior member

I was there yesterday and I believe the leeds was the only cordo I saw.

15. calidist

calidist Senior member

It is a little bit darker than Alden's snuff color, but still a pretty good match. Sad that Alden's belts are now extinct as Alden's snuff color is a bit lighter than most other manufacturer's shade. I wonder if Alden dyes them in house.

16. sevenfoldtieguy

sevenfoldtieguy Senior member

I go down two widths to achieve the best loafer fit, primarily to get a snug heel cup. Also, I do not wear an insole (thin) with my loafers like I do with laced shoes.

They need to be snug out of the box, IMO.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2013
  17. Alcibiades

Alcibiades Senior member

Pretty funny as I go up one width to achieve a satisfactory LHS fit and go TTS in Aberdeen/Grant loafers. Loafers seem truly like a YMMV proposition

18. newbiealden

newbiealden Senior member

[​IMG]

another twist on going natural - used a dremel to remove the existing black edge on these ae bradley shells. Now i'm just waiting on my ae natural edge dressing and will post the completed photos. If it works well i'm going to try this on a pair of aldens...

1 person likes this.
  19. MrGuy

MrGuy Active Member

Went to BB to take advantage of the sale on cxl tassel on Aberdeen, and went down 1/2 size from brannock. I now know I wear size in Barrie, Tremont and Aberdeen. TTS in leydon, albeit + width.

20. aldenwear

aldenwear Senior member

I used to go down 1/2 size from true-to-size for Van lasted shoes (just as a I do for Barrie and trubalance lasted shoes). I found, however, that the going down 1/2 size for Van was too small, and now a Van last is true-to-size for me. I was advised to go 1/2 size down for Grant-lasted loafers and found that did not work for me, and true-to-size does work.

Your mileage may vary, indeed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.