• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

slappy

Reaction score
Yea I can dig that, I also like the shoe version of the indy boot though no one sells it anymore

aaronv

Reaction score
Originally Posted by slappy
Ive always been tempted to order these:
http://www.epauletshop.com/servlet/t...Blucher/Detail

They look so nice in that picture but seem to plain to justify spending that kind of money. It's something I would love to own as I love the look and they seem versatile, but have been on the lookout for a similar looking cheaper shoe. Maybe Ill just cave one day and get them

First post.

I was in epaulet this weekend and tried those on - beautiful shoes, but I wasn't quite ready to spend the money. I might cave one day too.

Ended up buying these, which were a good deal on sale.

http://www.epauletshop.com/servlet/t...t-Brown/Detail

slappy

Reaction score
Ah yea Id love to see them in person but I live in California. Epaulet does not offer refunds apparently, well looks like I will never be ordering from them. Just a personal annoyance really, something in my blood wont let me order from a place that doesn't offer refunds. Shoemart has a similar shoe but only in shell http://www.theshoemart.com/alden-men..._cordovan.html The closest they have is this: http://www.theshoemart.com/alden-men...rrie_last.html The color is worse and I dislike the sole. Edit: Appears like epaulet gives refunds for styleforum members

Roguls

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by srivats
New aldens from Tom:
inlove.gif
inlove.gif
inlove.gif
inlove.gif

(Hampton last, cognac lady calf, oiled flex outsole)

sfv3.jpg

Front looks like ******.

He has so many better makeups than these. Opinions, opinions.

enigma77

Reaction score

jasonfoote303

Reaction score
Ah yea Id love to see them in person but I live in California. Epaulet does not offer refunds apparently, well looks like I will never be ordering from them. Just a personal annoyance really, something in my blood wont let me order from a place that doesn't offer refunds.

Edit: Appears like epaulet gives refunds for styleforum members

I have the same shoe from Leffot in NY. You can see if he still has some sizes.

My opinion is that it's a great shoe. The leather is gorgeous and the crepe sole is comfy and long lasting. It's not as high on my list as some of my shell shoes though. I'd say it's worth it for the long run to save up for some shell plain toes. Those are for sure going to get better as they age, and the Chromexcel ones maybe not so much.

Trapp

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jasonfoote303
I'd say it's worth it for the long run to save up for some shell plain toes. Those are for sure going to get better as they age, and the Chromexcel ones maybe not so much.

What? Chromexcel looks incredible with age! It's the same leather on the worn / resoled ultimate indy boots a page back. There might be other reasons to forego those particular shoes but concern about evolution of the leather is not one of them, imo.

slappy

Reaction score
Hey I asked this in the JCrew thread. Can anyone that owns both Clarks desert boots and Alden Indys compare the fit? I am worried that the Alden Indys in 11D might be the wrong size. I wear a size 11 Desert Boot which is mostly comfortable but my toes are definitely pushed against the edge of the shoe in terms of width. The length is fine i think but my toes come up pretty close to the front. 11.5 is too big however as my heel slips a bit. Was 11D in the Indys the right move? Unfortunately JCrew doesnt offer E width like shoemart. I probably would have gotten an 11E, however everyone recommends sizing down 1/2 in the Indy, so maybe the width will be fine?

slappy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jasonfoote303
I have the same shoe from Leffot in NY. You can see if he still has some sizes.

My opinion is that it's a great shoe. The leather is gorgeous and the crepe sole is comfy and long lasting. It's not as high on my list as some of my shell shoes though. I'd say it's worth it for the long run to save up for some shell plain toes. Those are for sure going to get better as they age, and the Chromexcel ones maybe not so much.

Truthfully Im not a huge shell fan. I think it looks nice but I prefer the chrome excel look honestly. One day Ill probably get a shell pair just to have it but it's below chrome on my list

Johdus Fanfoozal

Reaction score
Truthfully Im not a huge shell fan. I think it looks nice but I prefer the chrome excel look honestly. One day Ill probably get a shell pair just to have it but it's below chrome on my list

+1

The revolution will be in chromexcel.

blynch

Reaction score
Hey I asked this in the JCrew thread. Can anyone that owns both Clarks desert boots and Alden Indys compare the fit? I am worried that the Alden Indys in 11D might be the wrong size. I wear a size 11 Desert Boot which is mostly comfortable but my toes are definitely pushed against the edge of the shoe in terms of width. The length is fine i think but my toes come up pretty close to the front. 11.5 is too big however as my heel slips a bit. Was 11D in the Indys the right move? Unfortunately JCrew doesnt offer E width like shoemart. I probably would have gotten an 11E, however everyone recommends sizing down 1/2 in the Indy, so maybe the width will be fine?

order both and return 1. There is a 15% and free ship code over in the jcrew thread, today only.

slappy

Reaction score
Yea I ordered the 11D, it's just that they dont offer E width. Im curious if the Indys run a bit wider than the Desert Boots, if so then I think it should be good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 90 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads