1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 10: A full set of Aesop's Fables pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 10th auction of the year is for a full set of Aesop's Fable's pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. slappy

slappy Senior Member

Yea I can dig that, I also like the shoe version of the indy boot though no one sells it anymore

2. Johdus Fanfoozal

Johdus Fanfoozal Senior Member

Am I the only one who doesn't like how high the heels are? I think it might be perfect if the rubber in the heels were cut by 3/4.

+1

3. aaronv

aaronv Member

Ive always been tempted to order these:
    http://www.epauletshop.com/servlet/t...Blucher/Detail

They look so nice in that picture but seem to plain to justify spending that kind of money. It's something I would love to own as I love the look and they seem versatile, but have been on the lookout for a similar looking cheaper shoe. Maybe Ill just cave one day and get them

First post.

I was in epaulet this weekend and tried those on - beautiful shoes, but I wasn't quite ready to spend the money. I might cave one day too.

Ended up buying these, which were a good deal on sale.

http://www.epauletshop.com/servlet/t...t-Brown/Detail

4. slappy

slappy Senior Member

Ah yea Id love to see them in person but I live in California. Epaulet does not offer refunds apparently, well looks like I will never be ordering from them. Just a personal annoyance really, something in my blood wont let me order from a place that doesn't offer refunds. Shoemart has a similar shoe but only in shell http://www.theshoemart.com/alden-men..._cordovan.html The closest they have is this: http://www.theshoemart.com/alden-men...rrie_last.html The color is worse and I dislike the sole. Edit: Appears like epaulet gives refunds for styleforum members

5. Roguls

Roguls Distinguished Member

New aldens from Tom: [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

(Hampton last, cognac lady calf, oiled flex outsole)

[​IMG]

Front looks like vagina.

He has so many better makeups than these. Opinions, opinions.

6. enigma77

enigma77 Senior Member

7. jasonfoote303

jasonfoote303 Senior Member

Ah yea Id love to see them in person but I live in California. Epaulet does not offer refunds apparently, well looks like I will never be ordering from them. Just a personal annoyance really, something in my blood wont let me order from a place that doesn't offer refunds.

Edit: Appears like epaulet gives refunds for styleforum members

I have the same shoe from Leffot in NY. You can see if he still has some sizes.

My opinion is that it's a great shoe. The leather is gorgeous and the crepe sole is comfy and long lasting. It's not as high on my list as some of my shell shoes though. I'd say it's worth it for the long run to save up for some shell plain toes. Those are for sure going to get better as they age, and the Chromexcel ones maybe not so much.

8. blank

blank Distinguished Member

9. Trapp

Trapp Distinguished Member

I'd say it's worth it for the long run to save up for some shell plain toes. Those are for sure going to get better as they age, and the Chromexcel ones maybe not so much.

What? Chromexcel looks incredible with age! It's the same leather on the worn / resoled ultimate indy boots a page back. There might be other reasons to forego those particular shoes but concern about evolution of the leather is not one of them, imo.

10. samsterdam

samsterdam Senior Member

11. slappy

slappy Senior Member

Hey I asked this in the JCrew thread. Can anyone that owns both Clarks desert boots and Alden Indys compare the fit? I am worried that the Alden Indys in 11D might be the wrong size. I wear a size 11 Desert Boot which is mostly comfortable but my toes are definitely pushed against the edge of the shoe in terms of width. The length is fine i think but my toes come up pretty close to the front. 11.5 is too big however as my heel slips a bit. Was 11D in the Indys the right move? Unfortunately JCrew doesnt offer E width like shoemart. I probably would have gotten an 11E, however everyone recommends sizing down 1/2 in the Indy, so maybe the width will be fine?

12. slappy

slappy Senior Member

I have the same shoe from Leffot in NY. You can see if he still has some sizes.

My opinion is that it's a great shoe. The leather is gorgeous and the crepe sole is comfy and long lasting. It's not as high on my list as some of my shell shoes though. I'd say it's worth it for the long run to save up for some shell plain toes. Those are for sure going to get better as they age, and the Chromexcel ones maybe not so much.

Truthfully Im not a huge shell fan. I think it looks nice but I prefer the chrome excel look honestly. One day Ill probably get a shell pair just to have it but it's below chrome on my list

13. Johdus Fanfoozal

Johdus Fanfoozal Senior Member

Truthfully Im not a huge shell fan. I think it looks nice but I prefer the chrome excel look honestly. One day Ill probably get a shell pair just to have it but it's below chrome on my list

+1

The revolution will be in chromexcel.

14. blynch

blynch Senior Member

Hey I asked this in the JCrew thread. Can anyone that owns both Clarks desert boots and Alden Indys compare the fit? I am worried that the Alden Indys in 11D might be the wrong size. I wear a size 11 Desert Boot which is mostly comfortable but my toes are definitely pushed against the edge of the shoe in terms of width. The length is fine i think but my toes come up pretty close to the front. 11.5 is too big however as my heel slips a bit. Was 11D in the Indys the right move? Unfortunately JCrew doesnt offer E width like shoemart. I probably would have gotten an 11E, however everyone recommends sizing down 1/2 in the Indy, so maybe the width will be fine?

order both and return 1. There is a 15% and free ship code over in the jcrew thread, today only.

15. slappy

slappy Senior Member

Yea I ordered the 11D, it's just that they dont offer E width. Im curious if the Indys run a bit wider than the Desert Boots, if so then I think it should be good.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.