• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

REguy

Reaction score
I'm clearly missing something. I like a nice pair of Aldens as much as the next guy, but this dude and his commentors seem to get a lot more "gratification" out of them than I do.

Ahab

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Thor
Demonito- nice collections...Your ultimates have a real nice aged yet still shiny look to them...nice patina.

Are those #8 Cordo Indys? They look brand new...have you worn them?

Yes, Very, Very nice. How are you polishing them? Brown cream and black wax?

Originally Posted by Roguls
Those Cat's Paws dominate the original soles.

I am still anxiously awaiting my 403s from Leffot (been five months now).

I would agree but that heel looks odd with the rubber being half the height. But I do love Cat's Paws and will have to consider getting a pair in the future.

Trapp

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know the 403's have only been out for a few months, but it might be interesting to see some progress pics of the first generation or two. A lot of people on this thread seem to have bought them. Any updates? Curious about the cork sole in terms of both comfort and appearance as it breaks in...

edubs01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
IMG_7644.jpg

IMG_7645.jpg

What are these?

srivats

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Trapp
The uppers look supernice and great re-sole.

Out of curiosity, was there anyone who could re-sole with the soles originally spec'd for the ultimate indy (leather with black rubber insert up front, I think). I'm assuming Alden restoration would but I want to confirm. Considering getting the 403 and having the leather/rubber put on when the cork soles wear out (a few years down the line, granted).

Alden will do the resole. Ask for commando soles.

Johdus Fanfoozal

Reaction score
Shoemart has some kudu chukka seconds at a decent discount. Thinking of picking up a pair for travel/beater boots.

Anybody have them? Any pics of how they look after some wear?

Dexter_

Reaction score
^I feel the same way initially. Seeing the NST on a fuller last like the Barrie makes a world of difference.

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by srivats
New aldens from Tom:
inlove.gif
inlove.gif
inlove.gif
inlove.gif

(Hampton last, cognac lady calf/tan suede, oiled flex outsole)

sfv1.jpg

sfv2.jpg

sfv3.jpg

Damn,those are nice. I should stay away from this thread,lest I get a huge CC bill I just paid off
plain.gif

slappy

Reaction score
Ive always been tempted to order these: http://www.epauletshop.com/servlet/t...Blucher/Detail They look so nice in that picture but seem to plain to justify spending that kind of money. It's something I would love to own as I love the look and they seem versatile, but have been on the lookout for a similar looking cheaper shoe. Maybe Ill just cave one day and get them

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Am I the only one who doesn't like how high the heels are? I think it might be perfect if the rubber in the heels were cut by 3/4.

Alcibiades

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by slappy
Ive always been tempted to order these:
http://www.epauletshop.com/servlet/t...Blucher/Detail

They look so nice in that picture but seem to plain to justify spending that kind of money. It's something I would love to own as I love the look and they seem versatile, but have been on the lookout for a similar looking cheaper shoe. Maybe Ill just cave one day and get them

I have too - I look at them as a shoe alternative to the Roy Boot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads