Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dexter_

Dexter_ Senior member

i am like that with longwings.

[​IMG]

I feel like an addict to this thread. Whenever I am on the site, its the first thing I check. [​IMG]

Don't worry. You're not the only one.

Just grabbed a pair of the Roy Boots from Context. Thanks for your help Sam! They had on pair in my size in stock and I jumped on it. Can't wait for them to show up next week!

Boom Time!

2. arrow

arrow Senior member

Just grabbed a pair of the Roy Boots from Context. Thanks for your help Sam! They had on pair in my size in stock and I jumped on it. Can't wait for them to show up next week!

Congrats Lando!
    Those incoming Roy Boots will definitely complement your extensive Iron Heart collection.

3. MrClassic

MrClassic Member

Yesterday I received snuff suede chukkas. They're great. Super comfy, etc.

Today I wore them to work/school. I'm a graduate student and I teach classes as part of my fellowship. About 20 minutes into a class I'm teaching (~30 students) I notice three girls in the back whispering and looking at me weird. I just ignore and continue. About 90 seconds later one of them raises their hand and asks: "are you wearing uggs?"

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

You should have given a lecture on high quality shoes right after that [​IMG]

4. jhcam8

jhcam8 Senior member

Anyone know if the Leydon last runs narrow? One retailer mentioned that it does but I haven't heard that from others.

5. Morgan

Morgan Senior member

Anyone know if the Leydon last runs narrow? One retailer mentioned that it does but I haven't heard that from others.

I recently picked up a pair of tan suede chukkas on the Leydon last, and it is definitely the most narrow Alden last I've tried on (others are Barrie, Trubalance, Modified, Grant, Van, and Hampton). However, the material should also be taken into consideration. Since the chukkas are suede, they've stretched out considerably after a few wears and are very comfortable now. I'd be leery of cordovan on the Leydon last, though, as I don't think it would stretch to accomodate my D width feet.

6. rick

rick Senior member

yes it does run narrow. i wear 10.5d in barrie, 11d in hampton, but can not find the right fit for leydon this last just does not fit me well. i say get your true to size but go up a width so d go to e.

7. Ahab

Ahab Senior member

Yesterday I received snuff suede chukkas. They're great. Super comfy, etc.

Today I wore them to work/school. I'm a graduate student and I teach classes as part of my fellowship. About 20 minutes into a class I'm teaching (~30 students) I notice three girls in the back whispering and looking at me weird. I just ignore and continue. About 90 seconds later one of them raises their hand and asks: "are you wearing uggs?"

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

http://www.styleforum.net/showpost.p...postcount=3001

8. demonito

demonito Member

9. Trapp

Trapp Senior member

Nice collection. I assume the first indy w/the cat's paw sole is the 403?

10. demonito

demonito Member

theyre actually ultimate indys from leathersole

resoled by okuyama san from fukurokuju

11. Trapp

Trapp Senior member

The uppers look supernice and great re-sole.

Out of curiosity, was there anyone who could re-sole with the soles originally spec'd for the ultimate indy (leather with black rubber insert up front, I think). I'm assuming Alden restoration would but I want to confirm. Considering getting the 403 and having the leather/rubber put on when the cork soles wear out (a few years down the line, granted).

12. demonito

demonito Member

send it to them or the store you got it from

13. arrow

arrow Senior member

my aldens

[​IMG]

Nice collection indeed.
    Really diggin the style of those captoe boots.

14. crosswound

crosswound Senior member

nice one demonito, my next alden purchase is going to be a captoe #8 high boot.

15. jhcam8

jhcam8 Senior member

I recently picked up a pair of tan suede chukkas on the Leydon last, and it is definitely the most narrow Alden last I've tried on (others are Barrie, Trubalance, Modified, Grant, Van, and Hampton). However, the material should also be taken into consideration. Since the chukkas are suede, they've stretched out considerably after a few wears and are very comfortable now. I'd be leery of cordovan on the Leydon last, though, as I don't think it would stretch to accomodate my D width feet.

yes it does run narrow. i wear 10.5d in barrie, 11d in hampton, but can not find the right fit for leydon this last just does not fit me well. i say get your true to size but go up a width so d go to e.

Thanks very much - good info.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.