• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhiPsi32

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
To my Alden brethren,

a little off topic, but couldn't help but share these with you. I tried to get an Alden black pebble vs black shell LWB group order together but it never materialized, so I did it with Trickers instead. I still think this would be an amazing Alden make up, and it uses stock leathers and non exotic shells.

pebble bottoms/lace stays. shell vamp and tongue.
storm welt, commando sole, matched eyelets, and blue lining/pull tab make these my new east village s#@t kickers.

in the wild:

I remember seeing the description on the Trickers thread. Trickers does a great job with the brouging. An Alden makeup would be awesome, but Trickers is just as good if not better. I may steal your specs if I nail down my Trickers' sizing.

mr chorizo

Reaction score

I remember seeing the description on the Trickers thread.  Trickers does a great job with the brouging.  An Alden makeup would be awesome, but Trickers is just as good if not better.  I may steal your specs if I nail down my Trickers' sizing.

if it helps, i got these on 4444 last, fitting 5, UK10. I wear 11D barrie in shoes (can do 10.5d in boots as well as 11d), and 11d in van last.

linafelt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just got my first pair of Aldens -- the J Crew version of the Indy boot. Don't have to tell anyone here that they are very high quality indeed...

I think this question has been asked before, but I will again: Any recommendations on replacement laces? I am open to either leather or a nicer waxed cloth or something, though I guess a leather workboot-ish sort of lace would be my preference.

Thanks.

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I use the brown paste wax on cigar (and on RL marlows).
Tan goes well with whiskey.
Kiwi mid-tan works great with ravello

nephew,
also, i use brown wax on cigar, tan wax or mid-tan wax on whiskey but on ravello i use brown wax

imolazhp_ci

Reaction score

Just got my first pair of Aldens -- the J Crew version of the Indy boot.  Don't have to tell anyone here that they are very high quality indeed...

I think this question has been asked before, but I will again:  Any recommendations on replacement laces?  I am open to either leather or a nicer waxed cloth or something, though I guess a leather workboot-ish sort of lace would be my preference.

Thanks.

i would order the flat waxed laces alden provides for the dressier boots. Epaulet did this on their most recent Natural CXL Indy and they look perfect. I can tell you from experience that leather laces are quite obnoxious as they stretch immensely and then become thin and stringy eventually.

jimney

Reaction score
i would order the flat waxed laces alden provides for the dressier boots. Epaulet did this on their most recent Natural CXL Indy and they look perfect. I can tell you from experience that leather laces are quite obnoxious as they stretch immensely and then become thin and stringy eventually.
I second this. I have the flat waxed laces on my Epaulet Brixtons in Natural CXL, and they look fantastic in my opinion.

millerbk

Reaction score
Can somebody pleae tell me where I can find the cordovan break-in method everybody keeps talking about. I can't find it on the forum. Thanks

advan031

Reaction score

WOW. If i didn't have captoes and indys in 8, I'd be all over these..

has anyone ever offered this makeup in cigar? 

Leathersoul does but haven't offered them again...patiently waiting.

mr chorizo

Reaction score

WOW. If i didn't have captoes and indys in 8, I'd be all over these..

has anyone ever offered this makeup in cigar? 

you mean, besides leather soul? :p

beat me to it.

i've seen a pair or two floating around on ebay...

personally, I like this #8 version more. looks fantastic. Let's see some pics in the wild!

Last edited:

mr chorizo

Reaction score

I'm on the fence on this any one have a opinion on them

A solid pick up looking towards spring/summer. I wear a ton of boots in the summer, and not just suede. I think boots, jeans, and t shirt will always look good.
I'm not a big fan of a brick sole, no matter the make-up, but i like this boot a quite a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads