1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 11: Any Three (3) Customized Ties from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 11th auction of the year is for any three customized ties from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mcarthur

mcarthur Stylish Dinosaur

I've been eyeing Alden Ravello LWBs ever since I saw them in person in Alden of San Francisco. I missed out on the order from Leather Soul (those were really short wings with antique trim) and Leffot (long wings with antique trim). I jumped at the chance to snag a pair after my brother informed me Alden of San Francisco had acquired them. Thanks to style forum for informing him! Here are a few photos I've snapped. I can't wait to break them in! These will hold down my brown/tan shoe fort until summer returns and I can wear my snuff suede shoes again. As far as the black vs antique trim goes, I can live with the black trim, but I would prefer antique. If I ever wear these out, I'll ask Alden if they can switch the trim when they are rebuilt. Apologies if these showed up in the main galleries. I meant to only upload these into my personal gallery. These are in a Barrie Last size 7D. [​IMG] wear in good health your king of gunboats, remember to use the break in method

2. stevent

stevent Distinguished Member

^^^ looks great man, very nice shade of Ravello

3. ElDave

ElDave Senior Member

These look fantastic - great choice. By the way, it took me a minute to realize that's a table cloth. I thought you had a really odd rug.

4. mcarthur

[​IMG]
    #8 ptb
    argyles otc
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 20, 2012

5. Briar Snob

Briar Snob Senior Member

Beautiful! Just out of curiosity, what last is that?

Andrew

6. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Distinguished Member

Edge trim looks great on these. Enjoy wearing.

7. mcarthur

nephew,
    thank you
    plaza last

8. thebeebs

thebeebs Distinguished Member

I just love how we all hold our Aldens in such high regard that we photograph them on dining room tabletops, high end leather sofas and Persian rugs. One of these days, someone will put one in a Baby Bjorn...

9. Bakes11771

Bakes11771 Distinguished Member

10. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Distinguished Member

Wearing Aldens in a baby bjorn will eliminate toe wear and creasing and obviate the need for topys. I'm going to try it.

11. P. Bateman

P. Bateman Distinguished Member

Before I realized I am a 9.5 in the Barrie I bought a pair of size 10 PTBs. I'm using very large tongue pads but even still the shoe is a bit too roomy for me. Does anyone have experience using shoe inserts to improve to tighten up the fit? And advice is appreciated. Thanks.

12. frrrrrrunkis

frrrrrrunkis New Member

13. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Distinguished Member

Weird. I just double checked my Roy boots and they are 7.5B, my indys in 7.5D that I got last week were way too narrow. I figured B was wider than D, but now that I look at the chart Bs are actually "narrow". I've tried on a pair of 8D Indys locally and they fit better.. it's the same last though.. makes my head spin @[email protected]

14. Alcibiades

Alcibiades Distinguished Member

This is more or less my idea of a perfect ravello shoe. Darker ravello shade (with pronounced red and caramel tones) with dark edged sole. Beautiful shoe.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2012

15. lagsun

lagsun Distinguished Member

I realized I'm an 8D in the Barrie and 8.5D in the Grant after making some earlier purchases in these lasts in 8.5d and 9d respectively. For the larger sizes I wear them with a full leather insole with arch support from Pedag and it does a pretty good job tightening up the fit for me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.