• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MickCollins1916

Reaction score

Here are the unlined suede chukkas I am wearing today. Unlined means while there is lining in the back to give the shoe structure, there is only buttery soft suede between my toes and the elements. No lining in the front.

Chicagobred

Reaction score
Does anyone know of any stores that currently have Alden color 8 cordovan belts in stock? I've checked around at the Alden stores in NY and DC and nobody seems to have any left in stock.

PhiPsi32

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do you specifically want the Alden #8 belt? You can get them from other vendors and MTO (though I can't tell you how the price compares).

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Here are the unlined suede chukkas I am wearing today. Unlined means while there is lining in the back to give the shoe structure, there is only buttery soft suede between my toes and the elements. No lining in the front.

Ohhh i see now. thanks!

PhiPsi32

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Uh, I actually think there is a small patch of liner in the toe cap to give it some structure as well. Could be wrong, but I'm sure my 1494s have a toe cap lining.

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Any chance anyone wants to trade a pair of size 8 or 7.5EorC Natural Indys for my brand new pair of CXL brown indys size 8?

Chicagobred

Reaction score

Do you specifically want the Alden #8 belt?  You can get them from other vendors and MTO (though I can't tell you how the price compares).

Thanks for your reply. I picked up a pair of deadstock color 8 ptbs, so I was hoping to find a deadstock color 8 belt to match it. The alden stores are basically out of stock, but I'm hoping that a smaller independent shop might have a few belts quietly collecting dust in their back room. Who knows how long it'll take alden to get new belts into production again. If I can't find an Alden belt, i'll probably just wait until Allen Edmonds puts their cordovan belts on sale again before buying.

Anyway, if anyone knows some small independent shops that stock Aldens that I may want to check, definitely let me know! I looking to buy asap.

Last edited:

MickCollins1916

Reaction score

Uh, I actually think there is a small patch of liner in the toe cap to give it some structure as well.  Could be wrong, but I'm sure my 1494s have a toe cap lining.

Well I stand corrected in that case. They are supremely comfortable. I just picked mine up and I am obsessed with them. Huge fan!

PhiPsi32

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^^ They are awesome. Very comfortable and great in the summer time.

borderline

Reaction score

1.  9901  (Black Shell Plain Toe Blucher)
2.  975 (#8 Shell LWB)
3.  986 (#8 Shell LHS)

Since I have each of these:
1. #8 LWB
2. Cigar LWB
3. Black shell cap toe bal, I think it is 901.
On the wish list:
Ravello LWB
Cigar cap toe bal
Dark brown calf cap toe bal
One of them could bump the black cap toe out of 3rd.

I'll play along
1. Color 8 LWB
2. Ravello Chukka
3. Whiskey PTB/SW (I know this will be unpopular but my work is on the casual dress side)

1. Color 8 LWB with antique edge trim
2. Pitt Boot in Color 8 or Cigar with antique edge trim
3. Captoe Boot in ravello

If you were only allowed to keep three pairs of Aldens, which would they be? Provide lists and/or photos. My choices:
1) #8 Longwing (975)
2) Tan Suede unlined Chukka
3) Snuff Suede unlined PTB

LWB - color 8
PTB - cigar
Cap toe boot - ravello

We are definitely seeing a trend with the 975! How about some other lists? Or can you not bear to think of a world that is so horrible that would not allow you to keep more than three pairs of Aldens!

Don L

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cigar Cap Toe Boot
Ravello NST
#8 WTB (boot)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads