***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CEE88

CEE88 Senior member

For Zippy, thats not even scratching the surface.

Thanks for the info, I guess I'll be passing on it too.

Also, just a heads up, tan suede longwing available at WinnPerry.
    [​IMG]

I really like these suede longwings BUT .... what's the appropriate clothing for these bad boys?
    I rarely wear a suit anymore. Are they something for dress pants & a blazer? Okay for dress pants? Khakis? Jeans? Are they an alternative to dirty bucks (eg, if dirty bucks suit the ensemble, then you could wear these)?

I look at these shoes and I just want them. But I'd like them to serve a purpose.

2. zazaza

zazaza Senior member

the details: purchased about 4 months ago and worn moderately, but havent been abused. alden says this is normal due to "the leather stretching". they're shell, which i thought took longer to break-in than calf? anyone else experience anything like this? [​IMG] this is the second pair of alden boots in which i've had a stitch get loose relatively quickly. is it normal?

3. Vaitek

Vaitek Senior member

the details: purchased about 4 months ago and worn moderately, but havent been abused.
    alden says this is normal due to "the leather stretching". they're shell, which i thought took longer to break-in than calf?

anyone else experience anything like this?

[​IMG]

this is the second pair of alden boots in which i've had a stitch get loose relatively quickly. is it normal?

I wouldn't say it's normal. I wouldn't accept them saying it's due to "stretching". Good luck.

4. gracian

gracian Senior member

Nice u-tips. Where did you get these from if I may ask?

5. mcarthur

mcarthur Senior member

Nice u-tips. Where did you get these from if I may ask?

from tom at leathersoul several years ago

6. yayorc

yayorc Senior member

Please forgive me, as I'm sure this has already been addressed, but the search function on this site is fairly limited - I'm wondering what the difference is between two identical Aldens I saw today, one at jcrew and one at Leffot in new york. Leffot's were over $100 more expensive. Are the jcrew collaborations of lesser quality?

7. Seafinch

Seafinch Senior member

8. DrZRM

DrZRM Senior member

I'm afraid I am experiencing something similar right now. My Ultimate Indys seem to be experiencing the same type of separation (exactly a year old, and I don't get them into the rotation that much). Mine are going back for repair as soon as the shipping box arrives from Alden.

[​IMG]

the details: purchased about 4 months ago and worn moderately, but havent been abused.
    alden says this is normal due to "the leather stretching". they're shell, which i thought took longer to break-in than calf?

anyone else experience anything like this?

[​IMG]

this is the second pair of alden boots in which i've had a stitch get loose relatively quickly. is it normal?

9. mcarthur

mcarthur Senior member

[​IMG]
    whiskey nst

10. crosswound

crosswound Senior member

got my 2nd pair of aldens today alden lwb in ravello but no double leather soles crepe soles this time. i'm glad to see pictures of the black on the crepe fading. because its pretty dark almost looks like rubber black from far away.

11. ssnyc

ssnyc Senior member

Should I put a thin vibram sole on these before I start wearing them or is this overprotective?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. PartagasIV

PartagasIV Senior member

SSnyc, what model are those boots and where did you pick up a pair? They are incredible.

13. djh

djh Senior member

14. ssnyc

ssnyc Senior member

Thanks.
    I found them on ebay. I had to pay retail price (sans tax and shipping since seller lived in NYC), but I consider myself lucky since this size sold out presale last year. The guy had them sitting boxed in his closet since October.

http://www.leathersoulhawaii.com/200...toe-flex-boot/

15. slappy

slappy Senior member

[​IMG]
    whiskey nst

Where did you buy these? Im not a big fan of the wingtip Aldens which is mostly what I see. These are classy and simple

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.