• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Cigar LHS
860AA942-0987-4C55-BE5C-BC76E4184257-26961-00001998C4D1A865.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

good looking cigar

blue collar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I have thought about pairing my whiskey balmoral wingtips with jeans. Jeans, blazer and bals seems like a pretty common combo

I agree with you 100%. I'm waiting on NY to do a restock (pushed back another 8 months again until July 2013) so i can begin to do just that.

LoserG

Reaction score
I'm fixated on the idea of getting a black shell medallion cap toe boot. does anyone carry this model or am I out of luck?

FENWAY

Reaction score

Did you have to size down 1/2 a size compared to say the Barrie last?

Size down 1/2 like you would on Barrie/Trubalance. Tried on the Modified for the first time today. Loved the last, just not the boot I tried on.

Last edited:

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
you guys go down half a size from your barrie for modified?

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Which last? ^^

BootSpell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No, I think he means size down 1/2 "just like" you do for Barrie/Trubalance. that's what I do and the fit is good.

REguy

Reaction score

You should be your Barrie size on the Modified. Everyone's feet are different, but the Modified might be the best fitting shoe I've ever tried on. I've never been able to bring myself to buy a pair because they look like clown shoes. The black, orthopedic heel also gives them a geriatric flare. However, my views are mellowing as I see some of the more recent make-ups which mask its banana-esque shape.

velomane

Reaction score
Hey Slam,

What size were the Aldens and what size were the Strands?

stant62

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's what I said until recently when I bought two pairs of boots on the modified - the boot really does wonders to mask the shape of the last.

You should be your Barrie size on the Modified. Everyone's feet are different, but the Modified might be the best fitting shoe I've ever tried on. I've never been able to bring myself to buy a pair because they look like clown shoes. The black, orthopedic heel also gives them a geriatric flare. However, my views are mellowing as I see some of the more recent make-ups which mask its banana-esque shape.

BootSpell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's what I said until recently when I bought two pairs of boots on the modified - the boot really does wonders to mask the shape of the last.

Totally agree. I don't own any shoes on the modified, only boots. But the pictures I've seen of shoes on the modified last didn't endear them to me at all.

Last edited:

REguy

Reaction score
I agree about the boots. I also saw a pair of saddles from a Japanese retailer that looked awesome compared to Barrie saddles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics