• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sevenfoldtieguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yes, well, every time I called LS to inquire about a shoe, they happened to have one in my size.  It was quite remarkable really.  So a good chuck of my Alden collection is courtesy of LS.  I'll have to check my closet, but I probably have 10 pairs er no make it 14 pair if you count the black shell cap toes I have on order.

blucher or bal? straight tip or perf tip?

Bakes11771

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Would it be appropriate to infer that you have 4 pairs of black shell cap toes on order?

While 10-14 is no small feat, I thought it may have been more. I guess the tear that I was noticing may not have been exclusive to Alden, and you may have shared some pics of Rancourts and Vibergs that you bought. It just seemed for a while that every time I clicked on a thread, you had just gotten a new pair of shoes. You must have a lot of calluses on your feet from breaking in so many new pairs.

33peace

Reaction score
I have recently fell in love with the look of the Shell Cordovan Alden Indy.
So far, I think these have been my favorite- http://epauletshop.tumblr.com/post/3127508729/officersindycigarshell

I have spent about the last 3 hours calling everywhere from Hawaii, California, New York, Seattle with 0 luck of any in stock, preorder, or future shipments. Does anyone have ideas of what the best way to acquire a pair in the future is, or to get notifications of future orders?

Bakes11771

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have recently fell in love with the look of the Shell Cordovan Alden Indy.
So far, I think these have been my favorite- http://epauletshop.tumblr.com/post/3127508729/officersindycigarshell

I have spent about the last 3 hours calling everywhere from Hawaii, California, New York, Seattle with 0 luck of any in stock, preorder, or future shipments. Does anyone have ideas of what the best way to acquire a pair in the future is, or to get notifications of future orders?
The shoe mart ones posted earlier today are pretty darn similar IMO.

33peace

Reaction score
I am an 8.5D, which are currently sold out. I called and they said May 2013 was expected restock date.

PhiPsi32

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
blucher or bal? straight tip or perf tip?

Sorry, I have 13 (for some reason I really thought it was only 10). The 14th are black shell plain cap toes, Hampton last from Alden NY.

Originally, I had also forgotten the two pair of Truflare wingtips I recently acquired.

Last edited:

33peace

Reaction score
I wear an 8.5D in my Alden Indy 403, so I am guessing it would be the same in the Shell Cordovan. Is that correct?

lagsun

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I am an 8.5D, which are currently sold out. I called and they said May 2013 was expected restock date. 

Also (sorry for so many posts in rapid succession) is 8.5D your true size? or your Trubalance size?  As they may vary SIGNIFICANTLY.

FYI, Alden of NY just emailed me they just received a Cigar Indy (trubalance, double leather soles) in 8D that are on hold for me. Since I picked up a pair with commando soles a few months ago from J. Gilbert, I'm going to let them know I no longer want them.

Yokj

Reaction score
if you are 8.5D in barries, I feel that 8D would work with the indys. they run a bit wider with indys from experience with my pair. If you are that desperate for it, get the 8. you always can return them.

kwhitelaw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
looks like it might be time to snatch up a couple staple shoes and retire from the shell ring
confused.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics