1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gaseousclay

gaseousclay Senior member

How does the Aberdeen last fit? I wear a 9d on the Hampton last...what would I wear for the Aberdeen?

2. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

Looking great!!

When possible can you re-post your shots of the J Crew suede/shell saddle shoe? I was looking for them but cant seem to find them.

3. TactileOne

TactileOne Senior member

gaseousclay I believe that both the Aberdeen and Hampton fit true to size, so a 9D.

4. sevenfoldtieguy

sevenfoldtieguy Senior member

The ravello NST on the Aberdeen (TSM has them - sometimes) is one of my favorite Aldens. I was fortunate enough to snag my size some months ago.

I don't recall having seen a pair of whiskey NSTs on the Aberdeen, but certainly one could be out there . Anyone own a pair?

5. sevenfoldtieguy

sevenfoldtieguy Senior member

yes

6. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

Nevermind MrDV, I found the pics

7. TactileOne

TactileOne Senior member

Looks as if they have both the Ravello and Whiskey on their site along with Cigar. There's a nice looking pair on ebay for $525 in #8, but there 10.5 and I take 11.

8. totalair1

totalair1 Senior member

Only the Ravello on Aberdeen last. Cigar and Whiskey is Barrie last. I have the Ravello NST and Whiskey NST. Would love the Cigar. I also have a pair of NST on Barrie last in Color #8 headed my way from the irregular list at TSM.

See Ya,
    Steve

Last edited: May 15, 2013
  9. Alcibiades

Alcibiades Senior member

I traditionally haven't been able to wear the LHS because of tightness in the vamp (I have a high instep)...

Do you think going up one width would solve this issue? I see a 9.5EE LHS in cigar available on The Shoe Mart (I wear 9.5E in Barrie). Worth a shot?

10. totalair1

totalair1 Senior member

Worst case scenario is it costs you $7.00 to try it. As rare as Cigar is I would try it.

Good luck!

See Ya,
    Steve

1 person likes this.
  11. CalceoAdamator

CalceoAdamator Senior member

I had the same issue with the LHS, as I too have a high instep... I had the vamp stretched three times to accommodate my instep, and now they fit perfectly... and are quite comfortable...

12. totalair1

totalair1 Senior member

What are ya'lls thoughts about the Alden 993 Saddle Shoe in black shell on barrie last? I like black shell, but I already have a pair of NST slips ons and a pair of LHS slip ons in black shell. I don't have anything in black shell lace ups.

See Ya,
    Steve

13. docalden2013

docalden2013 Senior member

We're your lhs shell, Calceo? I was under the impression that shell didn't stretch much...

14. CalceoAdamator

Shell doesn't stretch much from wearing them, but there is some stretch (IMO)... and they certainly stretch if you put a stretcher on them... That seemed to work well for the three pairs of LHS shells I have...

15. notwithit

notwithit Senior member

A decent cobbler can also stretch shoes for you.

16. CalceoAdamator

Yes. actually, it was not my intention to infer that I stretched my shells... I did have a cobbler do that for me... Thanks for making the point...

17. docalden2013

docalden2013 Senior member

Thanks for the info, gents. I've been thinking I wouldn't mind if my cigar lhs were a bit looser across the vamp, so maybe I'll check in with BNelson. Any chance anyone can recommend a bnelson-quality cobbler in NJ?

18. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

Epaulet #8 Brixton for me today....when I wear these I am reminded that #8 is still the king. I love those deep eggplant and burgundy shades you can see in the shell when they are out in the sunlight.

[​IMG]

5 people like this.
  19. TactileOne

TactileOne Senior member

[​IMG]

Another suede day, my first Aldens about ten yrs old.

1 person likes this.
  20. brp2

brp2 Senior member

Epaulet #8 Brixton for me today....when I wear these I am reminded that #8 is still the king. I love those deep eggplant and burgundy shades you can see in the shell when they are out in the sunlight.

Beautiful boots, Beatlegeuse. I need some color 8.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.