***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jasonfoote303

jasonfoote303 Senior member

Thanks J can you comment on the quality of these if you have experience?

The quality is pretty good. Mostly cotton with very little stretch. Fairly thick. American made.
    It's a good sock!

2. LeatherSOUL

LeatherSOUL Senior member

Those look awesome!!!! I love the black shell with natural edge-trim.

Here's my guess:

Navy Blucher High boot in Black Shell Cordovan or Reverse Tobacco Chamois

Barrie last, All around regular welt, Double water-lock sole, Matching agatine eyelets, Natural Edge-trim, and Goodyear heel unit.

+speedhooks

You've learned well, my son.

3. jasonfoote303

+speedhooks

You've learned well, my son.

Thank you maestro!

4. alleyooptroop

alleyooptroop Senior member

Excuse my newbiness as i haven't owned a pair of aldens. I was wondering if someone could tell me how much of a difference there is between a C and D width in the Indy boot. I believe I'm a pretty standard width - i have both redwing 875 and wolverine 1000 mile boots both in D widths. I have a chance at buying a pair of used Indys in my size but in a C width and i wasn't sure if i was asking for trouble if i pulled the trigger. Thanks in advance for any replies.

5. Dexter_

Dexter_ Senior member

I just got the unlined chukkas in 8D on the leydon last. They fit well but I wouldn't want them any narrower but I have a feeling they will stretch a little. Would I be a 7.5D in barrie?

Excuse my newbiness as i haven't owned a pair of aldens. I was wondering if someone could tell me how much of a difference there is between a C and D width in the Indy boot. I believe I'm a pretty standard width - i have both redwing 875 and wolverine 1000 mile boots both in D widths. I have a chance at buying a pair of used Indys in my size but in a C width and i wasn't sure if i was asking for trouble if i pulled the trigger. Thanks in advance for any replies.

IMHO, you guys would be better off visiting a local shoe store and get measured on a brannock device. Once you know you're true size, use this as a guide and proceed from there.

Just a teaser of one of the first LSBH models I thought SW&D would enjoy...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Re-quoted... needed to see that again!

Those look awesome!!!! I love the black shell with natural edge-trim.

+1 on the Natural Edge Trim. I would like this on all my boots personally.

Barrie last, All around regular welt, Double water-lock sole, Matching agatine eyelets, Natural Edge-trim, and Goodyear heel unit.

Wow. All that detail from those few pics. Impressive!

6. SLAB

SLAB Senior member

Tom, you are killing me! I really want a black boot from Alden with natural trim edges (even suggested as a make-up a few months ago [​IMG] )

I guess you won't be making that boot in a black calf leather I suppose?

7. gnatty8

gnatty8 Senior member

So anybody want to take the tan suede flex welt chukkas off my hands? Will sell for $300 shipped. Have been worn once, but I just can't get into the brown stitching at the welt. PM me if interested, and sorry for momentarily turning this into B&S. Thanks Alden for the $100 loss.. [​IMG]

8. blynch

blynch Senior member

IMHO, you guys would be better off visiting a local shoe store and get measured on a brannock device. Once you know you're true size, use this as a guide and proceed from there.

Alden shoes run essentially true to width on the brannock device?

9. mcarthur

mcarthur Senior member

Leathersoul just got in some V-tips in Barrie last.

What are your opinions on the V-tips?
    The NST stitching looks a lot more sturdy than these, and I'm not sure how they would look well worn.
    [​IMG]

i like this shoe

10. mcarthur

mcarthur Senior member

[​IMG]
    whiskey ptb

11. interlockingny

interlockingny Senior member

So anybody want to take the tan suede flex welt chukkas off my hands? Will sell for $300 shipped. Have been worn once, but I just can't get into the brown stitching at the welt. PM me if interested, and sorry for momentarily turning this into B&S. Thanks Alden for the $100 loss.. [​IMG]

Do you have pics handy?

12. Vaitek

Vaitek Senior member

Just a teaser of one of the first LSBH models I thought SW&D would enjoy...
    [​IMG]

Hrm, I'm looking for a dark brown suede boots or shoes. When can we expect to see full pics???

13. LeatherSOUL

Tom, you are killing me! I really want a black boot from Alden with natural trim edges (even suggested as a make-up a few months ago [​IMG] )

I guess you won't be making that boot in a black calf leather I suppose?

You never know. Sounds like a good idea.

Hrm, I'm looking for a dark brown suede boots or shoes. When can we expect to see full pics???

In a perfect world, May 10. In a not so perfect world, whenever my landlord feels like hooking up the building's fire alarm system so we can open. [​IMG] <- never used that one before.

14. jasonfoote303

In a perfect world, May 10. In a not so perfect world, whenever my landlord feels like hooking up the building's fire alarm system so we can open. [​IMG] <- never used that one before.

Tom,
    How long are you going to be in L.A. around the store opening? I would love to come in and say hi!
    I live in San Francisco and would have to come down on a weekend.

15. LeatherSOUL

Tom,
    How long are you going to be in L.A. around the store opening? I would love to come in and say hi!
    I live in San Francisco and would have to come down on a weekend.

I have to be in Tokyo so I won't be there at opening. I don't even know when we're opening because the landlord needs to hook us up to the alarm system and he's not replying to my calls and emails. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.