Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jasonfoote303

jasonfoote303 Senior member

Thanks J can you comment on the quality of these if you have experience?

The quality is pretty good. Mostly cotton with very little stretch. Fairly thick. American made.
    It's a good sock!

2. LeatherSOUL

LeatherSOUL Senior member

Those look awesome!!!! I love the black shell with natural edge-trim.

Here's my guess:

Navy Blucher High boot in Black Shell Cordovan or Reverse Tobacco Chamois

Barrie last, All around regular welt, Double water-lock sole, Matching agatine eyelets, Natural Edge-trim, and Goodyear heel unit.

+speedhooks

You've learned well, my son.

3. jasonfoote303

+speedhooks

You've learned well, my son.

Thank you maestro!

4. alleyooptroop

alleyooptroop Senior member

Excuse my newbiness as i haven't owned a pair of aldens. I was wondering if someone could tell me how much of a difference there is between a C and D width in the Indy boot. I believe I'm a pretty standard width - i have both redwing 875 and wolverine 1000 mile boots both in D widths. I have a chance at buying a pair of used Indys in my size but in a C width and i wasn't sure if i was asking for trouble if i pulled the trigger. Thanks in advance for any replies.

5. Dexter_

Dexter_ Senior member

I just got the unlined chukkas in 8D on the leydon last. They fit well but I wouldn't want them any narrower but I have a feeling they will stretch a little. Would I be a 7.5D in barrie?

Excuse my newbiness as i haven't owned a pair of aldens. I was wondering if someone could tell me how much of a difference there is between a C and D width in the Indy boot. I believe I'm a pretty standard width - i have both redwing 875 and wolverine 1000 mile boots both in D widths. I have a chance at buying a pair of used Indys in my size but in a C width and i wasn't sure if i was asking for trouble if i pulled the trigger. Thanks in advance for any replies.

IMHO, you guys would be better off visiting a local shoe store and get measured on a brannock device. Once you know you're true size, use this as a guide and proceed from there.

Just a teaser of one of the first LSBH models I thought SW&D would enjoy...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Re-quoted... needed to see that again!

Those look awesome!!!! I love the black shell with natural edge-trim.

+1 on the Natural Edge Trim. I would like this on all my boots personally.

Barrie last, All around regular welt, Double water-lock sole, Matching agatine eyelets, Natural Edge-trim, and Goodyear heel unit.

Wow. All that detail from those few pics. Impressive!

6. SLAB

SLAB Senior member

Tom, you are killing me! I really want a black boot from Alden with natural trim edges (even suggested as a make-up a few months ago [​IMG] )

I guess you won't be making that boot in a black calf leather I suppose?

7. gnatty8

gnatty8 Senior member

So anybody want to take the tan suede flex welt chukkas off my hands? Will sell for $300 shipped. Have been worn once, but I just can't get into the brown stitching at the welt. PM me if interested, and sorry for momentarily turning this into B&S. Thanks Alden for the $100 loss.. [​IMG]

8. blynch

blynch Senior member

IMHO, you guys would be better off visiting a local shoe store and get measured on a brannock device. Once you know you're true size, use this as a guide and proceed from there.

Alden shoes run essentially true to width on the brannock device?

9. mcarthur

mcarthur Senior member

Leathersoul just got in some V-tips in Barrie last.

What are your opinions on the V-tips?
    The NST stitching looks a lot more sturdy than these, and I'm not sure how they would look well worn.
    [​IMG]

i like this shoe

10. mcarthur

mcarthur Senior member

[​IMG]
    whiskey ptb

11. interlockingny

interlockingny Senior member

So anybody want to take the tan suede flex welt chukkas off my hands? Will sell for $300 shipped. Have been worn once, but I just can't get into the brown stitching at the welt. PM me if interested, and sorry for momentarily turning this into B&S. Thanks Alden for the $100 loss.. [​IMG]

Do you have pics handy?

12. Vaitek

Vaitek Senior member

Just a teaser of one of the first LSBH models I thought SW&D would enjoy...
    [​IMG]

Hrm, I'm looking for a dark brown suede boots or shoes. When can we expect to see full pics???

13. LeatherSOUL

Tom, you are killing me! I really want a black boot from Alden with natural trim edges (even suggested as a make-up a few months ago [​IMG] )

I guess you won't be making that boot in a black calf leather I suppose?

You never know. Sounds like a good idea.

Hrm, I'm looking for a dark brown suede boots or shoes. When can we expect to see full pics???

In a perfect world, May 10. In a not so perfect world, whenever my landlord feels like hooking up the building's fire alarm system so we can open. [​IMG] <- never used that one before.

14. jasonfoote303

In a perfect world, May 10. In a not so perfect world, whenever my landlord feels like hooking up the building's fire alarm system so we can open. [​IMG] <- never used that one before.

Tom,
    How long are you going to be in L.A. around the store opening? I would love to come in and say hi!
    I live in San Francisco and would have to come down on a weekend.

15. LeatherSOUL

Tom,
    How long are you going to be in L.A. around the store opening? I would love to come in and say hi!
    I live in San Francisco and would have to come down on a weekend.

I have to be in Tokyo so I won't be there at opening. I don't even know when we're opening because the landlord needs to hook us up to the alarm system and he's not replying to my calls and emails. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.