1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 11: Any Three (3) Customized Ties from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 11th auction of the year is for any three customized ties from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fitchottie

fitchottie Senior Member

I need help... maybe advice.

I love Aldens and have found that my purchases have been more calf then cordovan... I would like to change that but really have no idea why. I recently purchased the Tobacco and Snuff Suede from Jcrew. I was thinking of returning these and purchasing maybe one or two pairs of Cordovan... Cigar and Whiskey or Ravello. I currently have the J gilbert Tan Wingtip boots and the advice is to wether or no a LWB in similar color is needed. I love the look of the wingtips because they are so versatile. I also thought about the cigar LWB and the Cigar Indy.. but I already have the 403,405 and Kudu... I don't think I need a fourth. My question stems from the fact that I have many airs of shoes, not just from Alden but Allen Edmonds, Yuketen, OSB , Rancourt, Quoddy, Church's , Trickers.. but it is bothersome when i do not wear them or rotate enough.. i get stuck on certain pairs mainly Aldens.

2. sevenfoldtieguy

sevenfoldtieguy Distinguished Member

I appreciate the post, and have no particular objection to it. And for the record, I am not taking credit for anything, and I consider myself quite honest. :D

Last edited: Nov 27, 2012

3. MoneyWellSpent

MoneyWellSpent Distinguished Member

That wasn't directed at anyone in particular [​IMG]. With that comment, I really just meant that I wish people were a bit more transparent when posting pictures. It would be more fun to know that a beautiful pair of shoes is 20, 30, 40 years old and yet still look that good. Mcarthur said that those wingtips may be older than me... why not just say "here is a picture of my X year old wingtips?" Then people would really ooh and aah. I like old stuff that has aged well, it goes along with my history buff side I guess.

4. forsan

forsan Senior Member

Looks great NYRanger. Are these from Moulded Shoe?

5. Burton

Burton Distinguished Member

If you ask most of the people here they don't know why they purchase shell corodvan either. Sure we all come up with "reasons" - or execuses. That said, as Uncle Mac says, it is an addiction not easily understood. If you purchase one pair you will be done --think long and hard before you do there is no turning back. I sold all of my shell shoes and am now in the process of rebuilding my collection because I can't quit it.

6. Papa Doble

Papa Doble Distinguished Member

+1

7. bucksfan

bucksfan Senior Member

Truth. I buy shell cordovan shoes because I like them. You will too, once you try them. [​IMG]

8. mr chorizo

mr chorizo Senior Member

run, don't walk.

ravello kirkwood boots arrived at unionmade. they should be up on the site shortly.

9. Winston S.

Winston S. Distinguished Member

Uncle Mac would have to query a database every time he wanted to post a picture then.

10. herrmj

herrmj Senior Member

oh god my checking account!

11. mexicutioner

mexicutioner Distinguished Member

OH. SHIT.

12. sevenfoldtieguy

sevenfoldtieguy Distinguished Member

why?

13. Dbear

Dbear Distinguished Member

lol you blew up the spot.

good thing i ordered mine earlier today. [​IMG]

14. Burton

Burton Distinguished Member

It was an Alden thing - Not worth a lot of epxlanation, but we all can get a little frustrated from time to time. I couldn't quit kick the habit. No rehab for me. :)

15. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Distinguished Member

there seems to be a lot of new Ravello shoes showing up at a bunch of different retailers lately.....hopefully this means the almost 2 year wait for Epaulet's Ravello Brixton boot will almost be over

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.