1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MoneyWellSpent

MoneyWellSpent Senior member

Englade, my intentions in asking you to make rational and well put together discussion has never been anything other than my attempt to clear the waters of misunderstanding as well. I don't enjoy arguing either. I can see that you have become quite upset over this discussion (is it ye who doth protest too much?), and for what it's worth, my intention was never to unfairly malign anyone either. As Mediahound and I had cleared up before you and I started our discussion, Mediahound had stated that he doesn't buy shoes using the premise that I said I disagree with. Therefore, my comments were a generalization at a particular human tendency that I find frustrating. The comments were not aimed at anyone specific.

2. MrMackyo

MrMackyo Member

Yes, they are all cordovans. [​IMG]

3. MrMackyo

MrMackyo Member

[​IMG]
    I like the golden Logo...s[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  4. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

I just missed out in my size a few months ago on the Cigar PTB's and all these pics are not helping. I love the simplicity of the PTB.

5. CalceoAdamator

CalceoAdamator Senior member

Their service is incredible and their selection is expansive... That's where I buy my socks too...

6. Pastor

Pastor Senior member

In the 80's today and I had to run to the office for a bit. Tan Suede LWB.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  7. patrick_b

patrick_b Senior member

I've been a day late & a dollar short in my quest for the cigar PTB for what seems like a year. Most recently I found them at some overseas dealers like The Bureau and Frans Boone but kept holding out hope for a CONUS dealer. I was regularly calling Alden Madison Ave., Alden DC, Carmel, etc. and would check TSM site at least weekly. I just happened across them this week. Don't give up hope. Note, with the apocalyptic nature of the "Shell Famine of 2013", if you do see them you have to be prepared to order immediately. I actually saw them at TSM about 12-18 months ago and figured I'd wait and call in the order the following morning. By 9AM, my size was gone.

[​IMG]

8. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

Pastor - those tan suede LWB's are great. I'm on a pre-order with LS for a pair that was placed back in January 2012. I was hoping they would be ready before this summer, but I'm not gonna hold my breath.

9. MoneyWellSpent

MoneyWellSpent Senior member

Great shoes!

10. Pastor

Pastor Senior member

These are on the Leydon last and I got them from Epaulet a few years back. I really enjoy them a lot and they are one of the most comfortable shoes I own.

11. Beatlegeuse

Suede and Leydon are always a great combo :)

12. TactileOne

TactileOne Senior member

13. Beatlegeuse

^ those look like #8 to me

14. Numbernine

Numbernine Senior member

15. Alcibiades

Alcibiades Senior member

I'm in Atlanta for the weekend... Stopped by H Stockton. I saw a few interesting models (snuff suede bal captoe, brown CXL tassel loafer and a brown CXL George boot) that I had not seen before. Call them if you have interest

16. BeSpiffington

BeSpiffington Senior member

Uncle, thank you for posting this side-by-side photo. These shortwings are a must have in any gentleman's wardrobe. As always the shine on your shoes is impeccable. Bravissimo!

17. BeSpiffington

BeSpiffington Senior member

Sir, I wholeheartedly commend your forthright deference and gracious civility. Yes we share a common interest and affinity for Alden footwear, but what is more important to this fellow traveler is how we try to engage each other as afficianados and gentlemen. Personally I wouldn't care if any SF participant posted a picture of their pet Labrador wearing some beat up Chuck Taylor high tops. It's a free country. Speak and be heard.

18. TactileOne

TactileOne Senior member

19. MrDV

MrDV Senior member

Alden Restoration
    I found these at a local second hand store yesterday, therefore I don't have any before pictures. These seem to have been restored and not worn. I've never had shoes restored, in my opinion they did a FINE job at alden. I don't think I would invest over $125 to have calf shoes restored by alden. after seeing these, i would send my shell aldens to get restored as long as they could assure me they wouldn't mess with the color... i remember seeing a sad picture of whiskey shell which ended up with a horrible color after an alden restoration.
    I don't know the details for this reconstruction, but the leather feels excellent and shows no scuffs or scratches. the leather soles and stitching is as good as any new pair I've purchased. The inside leather lining was not fixed - replaced, i wonder why. I thought these were interesting and educational.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. Numbernine

Numbernine Senior member

MrDV i find it difficult to believe that with your collection any of your shoes would see enough action to require restoration . An enviable position indeed
    I have found that the factory finish applied by Alden is easily removed through the prudent use of certain products ,at least on shell at any rate

Last edited: May 11, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.