1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alcibiades

Alcibiades Senior member

I have a pair of unworn cigar PTBs I was considering selling... This pic is dissuading me

Last edited: May 8, 2013
  2. Bakes11771

Bakes11771 Senior member

(I can only speak for myself, and this is not a shot at you personally MH, just a response to your post) Personally, I don't care if David Beckham wears Aldens or Leonardo DiCaprio wears black PTB.

In my eyes, it does not make Alden any cooler, or make me want them any more.

I think it is silly when people idolize celebrities. Beckham is good at soccer, DiCaprio is good at acting, but they are otherwise just normal people with lots of money. Just because they wear something doesn't make it cool, at least not to me. Just because I respect them for their professional achievements does not mean I need to imitate them.

3. jkater1

jkater1 Senior member

What size?

4. phototristan

phototristan Senior member

i on the other hand aspire to be just like david beckham, and it's the only reason i buy Aldens.

1 person likes this.
  5. El Argentino

El Argentino Senior member

I was looking at this exact pair tonight on Shoemart. I vant 2 B laik teh Beckhams.

But for real. Leydon last, snuff suede. Beautiful.

6. brp2

brp2 Senior member

It's a beautiful shoe, and I've got a tan pair in the mail, but man -- I'll really think twice about anything that guy touches.

7. Numbernine

Numbernine Senior member

I understand how you feel but in defence of MH i gotta say that posting pictures of celebrities of every sort be it fashion ,sports, royalty, media or just well dressed gents on the street then observing , analyzing and commenting on what they are wearing is kind of the core of what styleforum is all about . That may not be the raison d'etre of this thread but it certainly is for a large part of the community as a whole . So agree with it or not it does matter what David Beckham Leonardo di Caprio or the peacocks at Pitti Uomo wear otherwise they would be of little or no significance at all in this forum .

Last edited: May 8, 2013
  8. phototristan

phototristan Senior member

they're very choice indeed. i've been considering them for like a month. i just can't convince myself enough to buy them at full price.

9. docalden2013

docalden2013 Senior member

I wore my snuff suede Leydon chukkas yesterday for the second time in several days. IMHO the buttery softness, lightness and ease of walking in these makes them worth the $. Everyone just buy them already--whether you appreciate David Beckham or think he's a tool.

10. Numbernine

Numbernine Senior member

My dilemma exactly . RTP thanks for your input

11. sevenfoldtieguy

sevenfoldtieguy Senior member

Or is that Sting? :D

12. poena

poena Senior member

Blue in Green is great! I've spent a good amount of money. More than I'd like to admit.

13. Superix

Superix Member

Actually it is the opposite. My right foot is bigger that the left. Anyway, it is a relief that it is not something that happens only to me [​IMG]

14. Superix

Superix Member

That's good news [​IMG]. Anyway, I have the impression that the leather for each shoe came from different cordovan lot or more specifically from different animal. I also feel that the leather to the left shoe (with the most creases) is much softer that the right one. On the other head it may be my false impression.

15. Superix

Superix Member

That's good news [​IMG]. Anyway, I have the impression that the leather for each shoe came from different cordovan lot or more specifically from different animal. I also feel that the leather to the left shoe (with the most creases) is much softer that the right one. On the other head it may be my false impression.

16. Superix

Superix Member

Thanks. I also believe that that this is the main problem. In combination with the fact that the leather for each shoe came from different cordovan lot.

17. Superix

Superix Member

Five pairs! ... I am jealous!! What would you be your suggestion for my second pair?

18. stmaier

stmaier Senior member

I have a pair on preorder. Hoefully they will come in this month. I think they were originally expecting them in April.

I have really been into the suede makeups lately. Purchased the snuff suede perforated cap toe and blue suede regular cap toe from TSM and also have a six eyelet dark brown chukka on the plaza on preorder from J Gilbert.

Hoping LS does another run of their dark brown suede plaza cap toe and I think I will be done with suede.

19. ReppTiePrepster

ReppTiePrepster Senior member

20. ReppTiePrepster

ReppTiePrepster Senior member

Color 8 LWB (you probably won't be able to find any other shell color other than black at this point)

Last edited: May 9, 2013
    1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.