• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kwhitelaw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Holy crap! That Stronghold CXL/Natural CXL LWB someone posted pics of is $695 clams. Bless their hearts if customers are willing to pay that.

beautiful shoe, but if I'm paying north of $600 it's gonna have to be shell

spicycho

Reaction score
So I just bought my first pair of Aldens, the jcrew #8 PCT in 8.5 (usually a 9 in dress shoes/boots). What should I buy to take care of them?

imolazhp_ci

Reaction score
Alden is going to SERIOUSLY have to step up their QC if they want to venture into the $700 territory. they aren't even 50% off the quality/attention to detail as a similarly priced english shoe (purchased in england, forget exchange rates).

Bakes11771

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Alden is going to SERIOUSLY have to step up their QC if they want to venture into the $700 territory. they aren't even 50% off the quality/attention to detail as a similarly priced english shoe (purchased in england, forget exchange rates).
Problem is, they know that they don't have to because assholes like us keep on snatching them up.

imolazhp_ci

Reaction score

Problem is, they know that they don't have to because assholes like us keep on snatching them up.  

sort of but eventually they'll disenfranchise the american buyer because their volume won't change... they're still super rare outside of the U.S. and the japanese/swedes/europeans generally will pay far more.

Last edited:

speekez

Reaction score
So I just bought my first pair of Aldens, the jcrew #8 PCT in 8.5 (usually a 9 in dress shoes/boots). What should I buy to take care of them?
a horsehair brush and some saphir renovateur. THAT'S IT. seriously. color 8 wax polish if you're a wussy

imolazhp_ci

Reaction score

a horsehair brush and some saphir renovateur. THAT'S IT. seriously. color 8 wax polish if you're a wussy

i also use saphir cordovan cream every third time or so. it's not necessary, per se, but i like it. not a fan of the wax at all.

NSBS

Reaction score
Holy crap! That Stronghold CXL/Natural CXL LWB someone posted pics of is $695 clams. Bless their hearts if customers are willing to pay that.

who told you $695? They have a Alden Wing tip boot out of #8 that they are selling for $695. I paid $545 for these. not sure where you got that price from

speekez

Reaction score
Did nick help you? That guy's incredibly rude. bit of a drinker too i hear

Kashiwa

Reaction score
So, tough guy, you're the manager at Civilianaire, located just up the road from this Stronghold shop in Venice, ey? Agree, you should know all about Stronghold. Some of us from halfway round the world will, I hope, be excused for never hearing of such a place. Particularly since they don't seem to advertise themselves as an Alden stockist. And, anyway, did you ever hear of a little conversation starter.

Looks like you've given a pretty solid indication of what kind of a business you're running at Civillianaire. I for one wouldn't think of buying or ordering anything from a rude inconsiderate individual like yourself. Peace.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads