Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chuckb

chuckb Senior member

Great shoes. Where did the trousers come from?
    Quote:

2. advan031

advan031 Senior member

[​IMG]

my daytrippers need the mac method.

3. wigglr

wigglr Senior member

They look great! A Bit lighter than mine or maybe it's the flash

4. advan031

advan031 Senior member

No flash used but Galaxy Nexus's camera is sub par at best. I would like a cigar cap toe with flex welt for the sleekness. Already have cigar cap toe with commando:slayer:

5. Quick123

Quick123 Member

Well crap. Mine arrive on Wednesday and I was told to order true to size by Leffot and SF. I wear an 8.5d on barrie and trubalance, and I ordered a 9 on the daytripper. I have a pretty narrow foot and it looked like a narrow last. Now I am extremely concerned. Shitty shit shit shit.

6. rennavate

rennavate Senior member

Yeah, I'm an 8.5D in the Barrie and ordered a 9D in the Day Tripper, but I'm sure they'll fit fine. I've always found that with boots a little room is not the end of the world the same way it is with shoes.

7. sevenfoldtieguy

sevenfoldtieguy Senior member

Not to worry friend. I have never considered the Grant anything but TTS, at least for my foot. I first sized 1/2 down as per the suggestion of some, and the fit was miserably tight. Some size down, but there are many that don't.

8. mr chorizo

mr chorizo Senior member

thanks! these are gant by michael bastian that I picked up at a sample sale a year or two ago...

9. kwhitelaw

kwhitelaw Senior member

I'm 11.5 in barrie, steven said go TTS for the day trippers so I went with a 12.

slipped them on today, sockless, and they fit perfect. I intend on wearing thin socks with these typically so I think TTS was the perfect advice

10. dahl5yankees

dahl5yankees Senior member

Day Trippers?

Anyone know where I can buy them in 9D?

11. kwhitelaw

kwhitelaw Senior member

dont think leffot had that size left over from their recent arrival, cant hurt to call/email them

12. harveyrabbit

harveyrabbit Senior member

I sized down and I'm concerned I should not have done so. Original listing for the day tripper suggested go with the Barrie sizing. Now it seems the latest advice is TTS. I'd rather have gone TTS, because the size difference is nominal going up, but too tight is insupportable. The unfortunate thing is I likely could have changed my order. I was due to receive my trippers with the last order that came through during Christmas 2011. I was traveling, and Steven couldn't reach me so my reserved pair was released to some lucky soul. It will be a real shame if I finally get my pair only to discover the fit is too tight. I'm keeping my fingers crossed this order will work out. I don't want to have to try a third time.

13. Quick123

Quick123 Member

Whew... Thanks I definitely remember several users saying this same thing. I've been waiting for the daytrippers/ravello so damn long even if they are a bit big it might be worth wearing hiking socks with them everytime lol.

14. Quick123

Quick123 Member

Good lord man, I thought I had been waiting a long time. Best of luck, truly.

15. chipshot

chipshot Senior member

Hogwash, I've worn cordovan for years, rain, snow, sleet, doesn't matter, it's a membrane, unless you cut it, it just goes forever... this is why it's $$$ Learn how to take care of your horse's ass...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.