Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Death24xASecond

Death24xASecond Senior member

The pictures I'd promised of my Alden Alpine-grain wingtip boots were delayed thanks to Sandy. Here they are, finally. Enjoy.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Edit: This may be a silly question, but is there any way to keep those delightful flat waxed laces ...flat? As you can see, most are flat but some are twisted.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2012

2. wigglr

wigglr Senior member

First grain shoes that I've ever enjoyed. Nice!

3. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Senior member

^Those are great. In theory I'm on a list for a pair of these from Moulded, should they ever go into production:

[​IMG]

Hope they end up looking as good as yours do. Wish Moulded's came on a commando sole.

Also, stevent, buy those darn Day Trippers. The 11 is very tempting to me and I do not need them... It's quite the rara avis for your collection.

4. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

How often should i apply saphir reno to my CXL Roy Boots? Leather is getting a lil wrinkly.

5. Kashiwa

Kashiwa Senior member

But, but, Stevent, don't you have these? Not really trying to sway you either way, but for what it's worth, they crush the DTs in my book!

Edit: actually you have the version with the sexy counter, don't you! Even better!

6. Death24xASecond

Those look really good. I wish mine had those loops at the back; they'd really make it easier to pull on, but that's a small whine. Also, speed hooks look good. Are these Aldens on a Barrie last? I'm unfamiliar with Moulded, and they look a bit elongated/slimmer than Barrie.

7. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Senior member

These on Alden's Modified last, for which Moulded Shoe in New York is pretty much the main distributor. Not easy to get a hold of though. I don't know if Moulded Shoe is Alden's top priority these days. You can see what they've got on order here: http://www.mouldedshoe.com/afuture.html. Seems as if these boots are confirmed for production, but not sure when they'll arrive.

8. ubiquiti

ubiquiti Well-Known Member

I just placed an order for the Day Trippers in the size 7.

Interesting because when I asked a while back, Colin said they were spoken for already.

Thank you very much to the forum members who made it known they were available.

9. imolazhp_ci

imolazhp_ci Senior member

you're welcome.

10. djwoblely

djwoblely Senior member

Those Alden Alpine-gran wingtip boots are some of the best ive seen. Where did you acquire those?

11. ubiquiti

ubiquiti Well-Known Member

12. stevent

stevent Senior member

Crazy busy at work today, just got my first break of the day. I have ravello plain toes and didn't feel the NEED to get the day trippers. I figure if I truely wanted them I would have bought when I first called when the shipment arrived. Nice boot but it's similar to what I already have

13. Death24xASecond

What ubiquiti said. I bought them off an SF deal right here, actually. My first Aldens, and I'm really encouraged to see that so many of the members think it's one of Alden's better works. They are really good for the winter weather NYC is facing right now. :)

14. Mr. Six

Mr. Six Senior member

I can't decide whether to grab a pair of Epaulet's #8 Brixtons, J Crew's #8 captoes, or a pair of #8 Grant last captoes.

I have the #4 wingtip boot from TSM (lucky me) and a pair of Epaulet's chromexcel Steinbeck wingtips, so I'm hesitating a little before getting another pair of wingtip boots.

I also like the dark edge trim on the J Crew and Grant last captoes.

But the Brixton is sweet.

Persuade me!

15. Roguls

Roguls Senior member

What did you go with? I've never seen a Modified Last shoe with a double sole, so I'm wondering....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.