***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ReppTiePrepster

ReppTiePrepster Senior member

2. ReppTiePrepster

ReppTiePrepster Senior member

I am seriously diggin' the dark brown (or black?) edging. You can dress up those Cigars much more so than the ones I have with the antique edge. Where did you find these? Congrats and wear in good health!

3. sevenfoldtieguy

sevenfoldtieguy Senior member

On my cigar LWBs I have antique edging but had bnelson darken the top of the welt to a dark brown. I also darkened the edging slightly with chili dressing from AE. IMO, they are quite a bit dressier than before.

4. PhiPsi32

PhiPsi32 Senior member

They're not taking a list. I tried putting a deposit down, but they won't take any orders until Alden confirms that they will make the boots. Believe me, I tried. It is indeed Anatomica of Paris. I saw a sample of the boot in at Anatomica Tokyo. They are fantastic.

I am going to check back in six months or so to see if the order is going through.

5. Papa Doble

Papa Doble Senior member

I too like the darker edging. I'm not aware of a retailer that stocks them like this though. Do tell hkpm.

6. pdecker78

pdecker78 Member

I was hoping to get a little sizing advice after several frustrating experiences. I am trying to figure out the best size to order for a pair of shell split toe loafers in the Grant last. I just received a pair in 12C and although they're long enough, they seem too narrow. I have a pair of shell shortwings on the Tremont last that are 12D, but they are a bit roomy, which isn't as big of an issue since they are lace-ups. Any thoughts on whether I should just go true to size and order a 12D in the loafers on Grant last or if I should size down to the 11.D? Thanks!

7. hkpm

hkpm Senior member

They are dark brown edge.
    I got them from Alden SF.

8. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Senior member

Ravello WT boots.

[​IMG]

9. BootSpell

BootSpell Senior member

Thanks, guys. I expected a price somewhere around there. Too much for me to spend right now even if they happened to have my size. I have realized that I have totally ignored the rest of my wardrobe for boots, and more boots. Must exercise self discipline until the rest of my wardrobe catches up.

10. neutrino

neutrino Senior member

Last edited: Nov 4, 2012

11. newbiealden

newbiealden Senior member

..so i went at my indy 403 with a combination of kiwi brown and cordovan to stay consistent with the red tones.

..unfortunately the chromexcel just doesn't seem to take the polish - guess this is what folks were saying about the packed oils - it felt like i was applying the polish and just brushing it off completely

..it might have helped a tiny bit .. but moving forward i think i'll just go as others have said and just brush and avoid polishing all together.

I am curious as to what Alden does to chromexcel when you send in for an overhaul - anyone have picture of before and after for a pair of chromexcel aldens?

12. meso

meso Senior member

Try a quality shoe cream instead.

13. imolazhp_ci

imolazhp_ci Senior member

i use montana pitch blend on chromexcel for treating/waterproofing and then just brush after each wear. i've had excellent results.

14. Bakes11771

Bakes11771 Senior member

Quote:
    Those are almost too shiny... Almost!

A highly coveted make-up in the elusive ravello none-the-less. Especially like the bar lacing.

My hat is off to you, sir

15. wigglr

wigglr Senior member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.