• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Bit the bullet on the JCrew captoe boots yesterday. We all know what they look like but I'm still excited enough to post a picture :D .

good shine
wear in good health

sevenfoldtieguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm one of the guys who don't find much use for cordovan boots with leather soles - those times of the year when I wear boots it's usually all slush/snow/etc. That said, pics like the above are truly inspiring, and maybe I'll reconsider and see if I can extend the timespan for wearing boots just to be able to put on some of those beauties 
icon_gu_b_slayer%5B1%5D.gif

Interesting ...

All of my shell boots are on leather soles - save for my color 8 NST on the Commando sole.

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Looks stunning, uncle. My pair unfortunately doesn't fit me as well, I should have sized down a half.

Anyone interested in a pair of 9D RL Marlows? Should be a good fit if you are 9.5D, I also put Topys on them.

thank you

ReppTiePrepster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote:
Just came from a J Crew store. They have a policy of 15% off for teachers and students. When the SA tried to apply it the computer wouldn't allow her to do so. She thought she could side skirt the issue but was unable to do so. She said none of there promotions can be applied to Alden or other partnership products. I know last Christmas some people were able to apply a 25% off promotion but they have since sealed that loophole. Not sure that I want to pull the trigger, but your pics are killin' me! Great addition to your collection patrick_b.

mexicutioner

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Couple more after processing:

But I liked the first one the best:

lately, i have been very strongly considering selling my #8 wingtip boots and buying a pair of these instead. these pictures are pushing me much closer to pulling the trigger. beautiful!!!

mediahound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

blue collar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

They may have been recrafted or something. My 975s definitely had that new from the factory when new:

I've had shell pairs that don't have the Horween stamp (that were first quality and not recrafted).

Last edited:

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
14ctlzk.jpg

cigar nst
argyles otc
1zoi2vb.jpg

Last edited:

imolazhp_ci

Reaction score

Very nice C&J for RL Wingtips Uncle. Thought for a second they were the Edward Green brown crup WT that Leather Soul had a while back but the RL WT is lovely.

Can't get the RL WT in my territory but am expecting delivery this week of it's cousin, the ready to wear C&J Pembroke made on the same last but in tan grain calf on a dainite sole.

Perfect for wet Northern European pavements!

i have these! wearing them right now. these can take a terrible beating. i've ended up hiking unpaved trails with them. no joke. they can truly take the WORST beating and polish up beautifully. i love them.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads