• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

private eyes

Reaction score
So I've said it before , but I never see indy boots come up for sale on the bay in a 8d in the past year or so.. Well, today I was out, refreshed my saved searches, someone (maybe on here?) posted a pair of very lightly used alden for jcrew indy boots in 8d for 300 BIN, I clicked it as soon as I saw them. I can't wait for these to be my daily go to's.

djwoblely

Reaction score

From this Thursday, Color 4 Wingtip boot at sunset:
tumblr_mc80077hGY1qb0bszo1_500.jpg

tumblr_mc8014kHn71qb0bszo1_500.jpg

Was gonna take collection photos but raining in LA

What kinda pants are those? they look like jeans?

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
RRL selvedge officer chinos.

wigglr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So I've said it before , but I never see indy boots come up for sale on the bay in a 8d in the past year or so.. Well, today I was out, refreshed my saved searches, someone (maybe on here?) posted a pair of very lightly used alden for jcrew indy boots in 8d for 300 BIN, I clicked it as soon as I saw them. I can't wait for these to be my daily go to's.
Congrats!

hooker4186

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

So I've said it before , but I never see indy boots come up for sale on the bay in a 8d in the past year or so.. Well, today I was out, refreshed my saved searches, someone (maybe on here?) posted a pair of  very lightly used alden for jcrew indy boots in 8d for 300 BIN, I clicked it as soon as I saw them. I can't wait for these to be my daily go to's. 

If those are in good shape that's a great deal - I bought a pair in good nick off someone on the forum about two years ago for $275 which was a steal then. Two years and a couple of price hikes later, $300 is awesome.

FENWAY

Reaction score
Mmmm...Ravello goodness, but what if you could only afford one #mydilemma
100_1596.jpg

private eyes

Reaction score
If those are in good shape that's a great deal - I bought a pair in good nick off someone on the forum about two years ago for $275 which was a steal then. Two years and a couple of price hikes later, $300 is awesome.
Yeah this pair is in very good shape. He says he accidentally bought them a half size too big so he barely wore them. Did these come with shoe horns when new ? All I get with mine is the original shoe bag :(

sazon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Uncle Mac,
You continue to provide great inspiration with your photos. Thanks for sharing!

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Mmmm...Ravello goodness, but what if you could only afford one #mydilemma
100_1596.jpg

off the seller an incentive. such as each shoe is 5 for a total of 10. therefore offer the seller 7 to hold both pairs for you and the balance to be paid by ---------.
of course the seller would ship one pair

FENWAY

Reaction score

off the seller an incentive. such as each shoe is 5 for a total of 10. therefore offer the seller 7 to hold both pairs for you and the balance to be paid by ---------.
of course the seller would ship one pair

Nope, don't understand.

Have both pair here in my home...probably keeping the WT boots, which will make a new pair of Ravello chukkas in size 10.5 available

Last edited:

ElDave

Reaction score

Yeah this pair is in very good shape. He says he accidentally bought them a half size too big so he barely wore them. Did these come with shoe horns when new ? All I get with mine is the original shoe bag :(

I've not had any Aldens come with more than shoe bags. Perhaps a little booklet telling me that cordovan is special, but never any shoe trees or horns.

I happen to live in a country without a Alden outlet, any ideas of how I can get a pair of these
7c3c6f4dimg0660.jpg

I believe those are a special make-up so your options are:
1) keep a close eye on sales outlets like the B&S forum and eBay, or
2) wait for the retailer (I believe those were from Unionmade) to offer another round, and have someone act as a proxy on the waitlist for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads