• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

thebeebs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ The Leydon Last: the crepe sole of lasts. I'm pretty sure I couldn't even fit into a bespoke Leydon last (I realize that defies logic)

kwhitelaw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
does anyone have a sz 8 and 8.5 shoemart seconds list? i get the 11.5 and 12, but would like to see these other ones. please pm if you can help

thanks!

thebeebs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My first ever family photo!

FYI, I built this entire collection, except 3 pairs, during 2012 - I may win the award for most dangerous shoe habit.

Enjoy, and let me know what pair you think I should get next!

Pictured, L to R:

"Immediate Family" (Aldens)

Row 1 -TSM Color 8 LHS, TSM Color 8 LWB, TSM Cigar LWB, Alden SF Ravello LWB
Row 2 - Alden NY Whiskey Monk, Color 8 BB PTB, Black BB PTB, Alden SF Ravello PTB
Row 3 - Alden NY Whiskey Chukka, Epaulet Milkshake Suede Indy, TSM Ravello WT boot

"The Inlaws" (Others)

Row 4 - Lobb Rothley in Green Misty Calf, Lobb 2010 St Crepin in Brown Misty Calf, Lobb Lopez in black, C&J Hallam in black
Row 5 - AE Strand in Walnut, AE Delray in Chili Burnished Calf, Barker Black Crown Loafer in Chestnut, Sasseti (RLPL Denver) in dark brown
Row 6 - Florsheim Ducky Brown Saddle, Paul Smith SWB in gray calf, Mark McNairy Chick Magnet loafer in navy suede

dddrees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

FYI, I built this entire collection, except 3 pairs, during 2012 - I may win the award for most dangerous shoe habit.

Pictured, L to R:

"Immediate Family" (Aldens)

Row 1 -TSM Color 8 LHS, TSM Color 8 LWB, TSM Cigar LWB, Alden SF Ravello LWB
Row 2 - Alden NY Whiskey Monk, Color 8 BB PTB, Black BB PTB, Alden SF Ravello PTB
Row 3 - Alden NY Whiskey Chukka, Epaulet Milkshake Suede Indy, TSM Ravello WT boot

"The Inlaws" (Others)

Row 4 - Lobb Rothley in Green Misty Calf, Lobb 2010 St Crepin in Brown Misty Calf, Lobb Lopez in black, C&J Hallam in black
Row 5 - AE Strand in Walnut, AE Delray in Chili Burnished Calf, Barker Black Crown Loafer in Chestnut, Sasseti (RLPL Denver) in dark brown
Row 6 - Florsheim Ducky Brown Saddle, Paul Smith SWB in gray calf, Mark McNairy Chick Magnet loafer in navy suede

Great looking family you have there.

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

IMG_1854.jpg

#8 Indy & EP Gunmetal Rivets

nephew,
looking good

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

very nice wardrobe
consider tassel

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
2yvksjr.jpg

ravello wt boot
argyles otc
10mtoq1.jpg

Last edited:

PhiloVance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cross-posted from the thrifting thread - here's my haul from today, which included two pairs of Aldens. They look like shell cordovan but was wondering what the Alden experts thought:

Good haul today - EG for RLPL plain toe with elastic side gussets in what I think is burnt pine; Berluti brogued loafers; two pair of burgundy Alden loafers - a full-strap and tassel loafer, I think both are cordovan; and a pair of tassel loafers from Grenson for Paul Stuart; and - the real shocker - all in my size (US 10), although its probably all going to eBay. Also found $1.00 ties from Polo Ralph Lauren, Hermes, and Turnbull & Asser, and a pair of PRL suspenders:

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
From this Thursday, Color 4 Wingtip boot at sunset:

tumblr_mc80077hGY1qb0bszo1_500.jpg

tumblr_mc8014kHn71qb0bszo1_500.jpg

Was gonna take collection photos but raining in LA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads