• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alcibiades

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Damn, I wish I could wear cordovan LHS. (I can wear the unlined suede). I am going to try the BB unlined version. Or I may just have to kill my feet in a regular pair.

Wigglr, at 22, wearing LHS will make you stand out from your peers in a good way. I'm 28, I wish I started wearing Alden shoes earlier.

sevenfoldtieguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The LHS is probably the only Alden shell model where whiskey would be my first choice. I have whiskey (9C) and unlined color 8 from BB (9C). I actually like the fit of the BB slightly better. Getting an exotic shell LHS in a C width can prove to be a difficult task. :nodding:

sevenfoldtieguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The LHS is probably the only Alden shell model where whiskey would be my first choice. I have whiskey (9C) and unlined color 8 from BB (9C). I actually like the fit of the BB slightly better. Getting an exotic shell LHS in a C width can prove to be a difficult task. :nodding:

I would also still have the ravello LHS but it was defective, and the retailer had no replacements in my size. Oh well ....

Al in Philly

Reaction score
Gentlemen,

I have a quick question. I wear a 10D in the 901 (Hampton) and am thinking about getting the 4060 boot (Grant). Should I stick with 10D or go with 9.5D? Perhaps 9.5E?

izach

Reaction score
Please help me. What is LHS. I see so many 3 characters acronyms WRT Aldens shoes. Maybe someone will provide me with the proper interpretation.

Evil Abed

Reaction score
Leisure Hand Sewn, the style of shoes depicted in the above conversation.

Last edited:

ElDave

Reaction score

Please help me. What is LHS. I see so many 3 characters acronyms WRT Aldens shoes. Maybe someone will provide me with the proper interpretation.

The big ones are

LHS = leisure hand sewn = penny loafer where the strap does not go across the entirety of the shoe
LWB = long wing blucher = wing tip where the wing extends to the back of the shoe
SWB = short wing blucher = wing tip where the wing ends halfway down the shoe
PTB = plain toe blucher = plain shoe with open/blucher lacing

wigglr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Damn, I wish I could wear cordovan LHS. (I can wear the unlined suede). I am going to try the BB unlined version. Or I may just have to kill my feet in a regular pair.
Wigglr, at 22, wearing LHS will make you stand out from your peers in a good way. I'm 28, I wish I started wearing Alden shoes earlier.
I agree with this, but I think this is also achieve with my Alden offerings that I have. Regardless, the LHS has grown on me a lot. Especially a pair of Whiskey, which could be great for summer

dddrees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Decided to get the Wing Tip Shell Cordovan Color 8 Boots. Hope to get them sometime next week or the first part of the following week.At some point I think I would like to get a pair in Ravello as well.

REguy

Reaction score

Gentlemen,

I have a quick question.  I wear a 10D in the 901 (Hampton) and am thinking about getting the 4060 boot (Grant).  Should I stick with 10D or go with 9.5D?  Perhaps 9.5E?

I say if your 10 Hampton is snug, go 10.5 on the Grant. If you've got a little play, stick with 10.

balmoralsoccer

Reaction score
Decided to get the Wing Tip Shell Cordovan Color 8 Boots. Hope to get them sometime next week or the first part of the following week.At some point I think I would like to get a pair in Ravello as well.
great choice! i just got a pair! whose makeup did you get?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads