• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Papa Doble

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I hope you do it :)

Once I'm no longer broke, I will get some whiskey or #8 chukkas. Then again, that may be a while.

I'd give the edge to a cigar LHS, but I think I need a C width, which doesn't seem to exist.

wigglr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd give the edge to a cigar LHS, but I think I need a C width, which doesn't seem to exist.

Being 22, I think I might get a few "stink eyes" wearing a LHS

Man with Apple

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Newest acquisition after their first night out. Alden Ravello Medallion Cap Toe Blucher on the Plaza. Really glad I was able to score the last pair at Alden D.C. that also happened to be in my size. This is my first foray into the plaza last and I am quite pleased with the fit and look of these Thanks Che!

sevenfoldtieguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Newest acquisition after their first night out. Alden Ravello Medallion Cap Toe Blucher on the Plaza. Really glad I was able to score the last pair at Alden D.C. that also happened to be in my size. This is my first foray into the plaza last and I am quite pleased with the fit and look of these Thanks Che!

Nice.

I scored these from Alden DC a few weeks ago. They are a wonderful model.

Man with Apple

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Nice.
I scored these from Alden DC a few weeks ago. They are a wonderful model.

Thanks! They really are. Surprised this pair was lingering around for about a year. The fit of the plaza is fantastic. In light of some of the QC talk, I also have to say that after close inspection the quality of these are superb.

wigglr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Very good looking! I'm grabbing my Alden x Leffot Ravello cap toes tomorrow. They should've been here today, but I wasn't home when the mail arrived
facepalm.gif

Papa Doble

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Interesting. I feel that way about tassel loafers, but not penny loafers. I wore sneakers and sandals exclusively when I was 22 (I'm 28).

Last edited:

sevenfoldtieguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks! They really are. Surprised this pair was lingering around for about a year. The fit of the plaza is fantastic. In light of some of the QC talk, I also have to say that after close inspection the quality of these are superb.

mine too

ubiquiti

Reaction score
I'm your age and wear a pair of color 8 LHS all the time. Being in so-cal, when the weather gets hot, sockless+color 8 LHS+navy shorts is my go to (with 24 hours a day in between wears, of course).

mexicutioner

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm your age and wear a pair of color 8 LHS all the time. Being in so-cal, when the weather gets hot, sockless+color 8 LHS+navy shorts is my go to (with 24 hours a day in between wears, of course).

let me guess, you're from orange county, yes?

(i have a theory that the only people from southern california who say "socal" are orange county residents. everyone else says "southern california" or "LA").

also:

i agree 100% on this. it might be an east coast / west coast thing, but i just can't see anyone under 55 wearing penny loafers without it looking costume-y. like seeing a young guy smoking a pipe or wearing a bow tie.

Last edited:

Papa Doble

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

i just can't see anyone under 55 wearing penny loafers without it looking costume-y. like seeing a young guy smoking a pipe or wearing a bow tie.

This is so interesting. Since when are loafers reserved for 55+ year olds? Quite a few people have said similar things recently, so it's not just you, and perhaps there's something to this? I'd be interested to hear some more opinions on this.

Last edited:

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
When I think loafers, I think old people in the Hamptons.

Kashiwa

Reaction score
Most high school students in Japan wear penny loafers, every single day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads