1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hoit1981

hoit1981 Senior member

I was looking at those earlier. Seem very nice but was trying to avoid going Commando...

I had been looking at those. They are actually what initially inspired me. Only reason I didn't pick them up was they don't have my size (12.5D). I think I'll have to go for the Context.

Thanks guys.

2. david3558

david3558 Senior member

Great suggestion on the Unionmade boot - though I'd point out they are on different lasts.

3. herrmj

herrmj Senior member

I wear a 12.5 on the not-barrie/trubalance lasts, that size can be hard to find. I feel your pain.

4. Alcibiades

Alcibiades Senior member

The Context is a great boot. You will wear it primarily in the fall and winter anyway, so the lead time should be that big of a deal

There are a lot of options popping up for fall - what do you guys think about this Context boot versus the snuff suede Cooney boots and the tobacco chamios longwings up for order at Leffot?

5. marnomuth

marnomuth Member

Thank you for the reply. My finger doesn't slide right into the empty space but it surely fits. After comparing the shoes to my other shoes, the fit is almost the same. The shoes are just significantly longer, though.

6. CTYGGG

CTYGGG Senior member

[​IMG]

Leffot NST with Leather Defender applied for spring showers & EP

2 people like this.
  7. Hill

Hill Senior member

I'm with you. It's the reason I dress the same when working in an office or at home, and it's why I wear shell to bars. It makes me feel good. I can feel my posture correct itself when I change from jeans into a suit. I walk differently. I converse differently. The way I feel when I dress well has a significant effect on my productivity with respect to work and women.
    I love these. I like them better than the chromexcel Roys, granted I've never seen either in person. I just think the rough out would look so good after some wear. If I had the funds I'd wait for these.

This echoes what Joe at Alden DC told me last time I stopped by.

8. phototristan

phototristan Senior member

Depends on your feet. I was at Alden on Friday and tried the unlined chukkas on. Jim at Alden San Francisco told me 'the house' (ie. Alden, sorta funny he calls it that) recommends either the next size up from Barrie or the same size but in a wider width.

I wear 8D in Barrie and tried on an 8E unlined suede Chukka and could feel the front of the shoe with my toes. 8.5D fit perfectly, so for me, Leydon last seems TTS as that's what I measure on the Brannock.

9. Papa Doble

Papa Doble Senior member

Awesome.

1 person likes this.
  10. phototristan

Thanks, finally got a hold of someone there.

11. sazon

sazon Senior member

Gents - was there a blue suede chukka on the Leydon last a few years back? If so, who did it? Thanks.

12. sazon

sazon Senior member

perfection perfected.

1 person likes this.
  13. Papa Doble

Papa Doble Senior member

Here's one at Alden NY.

14. tifosi

tifosi Senior member

Does anyone have these plain toe boots? Saw them on Unionmade. Really liking them.
    [​IMG]

15. Steel28

Steel28 Senior member

16. CalceoAdamator

CalceoAdamator Senior member

No. 8 PTB Shells today... Just a classic...
    [​IMG]

2 people like this.
  17. sazon

sazon Senior member

18. sazon

sazon Senior member

Love these 3 colors together. Very nice!

19. phototristan

This is interesting - my 8.5D JCrew Cap Toe Boots are actually smaller in exterior dimension/circumference than my 8D LWBs. Both are Barrie last.

Interior feels about the same.

I know a lot depends on the width of the welt and the LWB have a really wide welt. But still interesting that an 8.5D is be smaller than an 8D.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2013
  20. Papa Doble

Papa Doble Senior member

This seems to be a theme for Barrie lasted high boots. For example, my 11 D Tankers on the Barrie appear to fit similarly to 10.5 D and 11 C PTBs on the Barrie.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.