1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

If you dig around on the website you can find the number to their B&M store as opposed to the web number. I have called their before and they have given me a representatives direct #. In case you couldn't tell, patience is not my strong suit :)

2. El Argentino

El Argentino Senior member

I do. Southern Nevada gets way too hot for anything more than suede through June-August.

And even that's a stretch.

3. ReppTiePrepster

ReppTiePrepster Senior member

4. ReppTiePrepster

ReppTiePrepster Senior member

5. Alcibiades

Alcibiades Senior member

My tremont shoes are TTS (10E). Same with my grant shoes. I've tried Tremont in my Barrie size (9.5E) and have not been successful. I think a good rule is if you have wide feet, go TTS in in Tremont/Grant, if you don't have wide feet, you can try to go down half a size.

6. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

RTP, thanks so much. These are certainly great looking. How do you wear them mainly? On one hand they are a dressier style but the color and edge trim are a bit more casual.

7. Morgan

Morgan Senior member

Regarding the Tremont last, I am a 9D and wear 8.5D in both Barrie and Tremont. I can also wear 8.5D in Grant, but it's just a bit snug.

8. Alcibiades

Alcibiades Senior member

I have the same shoes - I wear them with a light blue suit I have (mainly in the spring summer) and occasionally with also chinos in the spring and summer. It probably could go well with some greys too. I have not worn them with denim. For me it is in the category of an objectively great shoe that nonetheless gets less wear than some of my others.

9. Shiny

Shiny Senior member

Disagree. In the words of the great Billy Crystal, "It's not how you feel; it's how you look. And you, dahling, look MAHVELOUS!"

10. Steel28

Steel28 Senior member

That's me as well. 9D in Grant and Plaza and 8.5D in Barrie and Tremont lasts. I'm not sure how this is possible but Tremont last is THE most comfortable last out all of Aldens I ever tried.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 9, 2013
  11. monologuist

monologuist Well-Known Member

Question about Leydon Last unlined chukkas...should I go up a half size from my normal Barrie LWB size (D width) in length AND go up a width to "E"?...Just go up a half size in length?...Or just go up in width to "E" and stay the same length size?

FYI, my LWB's are sized a half size down from TTS like most people, and they fit just right as I have a slightly wide and flat foot. My Barrie-lasted boots are a half size bigger but still D width, as I find Barrie-lasted boots to fit slightly narrower than the shoes.

12. Dbear

Dbear Senior member

im a solid 8D in barrie and i tried on the 8E in leydon suede unlined chukka at the SF alden store and it was perfect.

13. hoit1981

hoit1981 Senior member

I'm really digging the look of the Alden + Context Rough Roy Boot. I'm not too familiar with Alden and had a couple of questions.

1) Are these worth the $535 (a pretty subjective question I'm sure, and one which is not meant to offend).
    2) Is anything similar by Alden available now (from anywhere else), therefore avoiding the 6 month wait time? If yes, some suggestions would be great! Looking for a dark suede, laced boot.

Cheers :)

[​IMG]

14. zazaza

zazaza Senior member

^ those look awesome.

15. sevenfoldtieguy

sevenfoldtieguy Senior member

For me:
    I wear many D widths and some C widths. TTS - 9.5D (wearing 2145's in 9.5D today).
    Barrie - down 1/2 zize
    Tremont - down 1/2 size
    Grant - TTS

16. sevenfoldtieguy

sevenfoldtieguy Senior member

Many report that unlined suede and unlined shell fit looser than their lined counterparts in the same size. That seems to make sense.

But my expereience has been just the opposite, as my unlined shell ptb's and unlined suede ptb's (all on barrie) are actually more snug than their lined counterparts. Go figure .........

2 people like this.
  17. stmaier

stmaier Senior member

The Shoe Mart has a similar make-up...Earth Color Reverse Chamois, Barrie, Last, Cap Toe Commando Sole Boot...I got mine last week...almost black in color but I am excited to see how these will age...

http://www.theshoemart.com/alden-me...elet_cap_toe_boot_commando_sole_calfskin.html

18. david3558

david3558 Senior member

Similar yes, but the crepe sole certainly wears way differently (IMO) than any other sole Alden offers. It's so comfortable!

19. tifosi

tifosi Senior member

Really like those!

20. herrmj

herrmj Senior member

Yes that boot is worth 535. Another option:

http://www.unionmadegoods.com/Alden_Hawes_Plain_Toe_Boot_in_Reverse_Tobacco_Chamois_45193H_8818.html

Wearing mine today. The reverse chamois is cool and the crepe is comfortable. It's like a clark's desert boot on steroids. Herrmj approved.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.