***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bellyhungry

bellyhungry Senior member

^^^^ Strictly personal preference. I would imagine many would go for the #8 LWB.

2. Chaos_Cow

Chaos_Cow Well-Known Member

LWB is my choice, and I can't imagine it being less useful than NST. It definitely depends on your personal style though.

Also try them on if you really can't choose - Barrie and Aberdeen fit very differently.

3. Michigan Planner

Michigan Planner Senior member

4. shaunw

shaunw Senior member

I figured I would follow up on this as a precautionary warning to others that are interested in alden makeups that are only available from international retailers. THis was my first time buying aldens from a non US retailer and it will definitely be my last. I will say that Frans Boone customer service was very good and I think that with the exception of shipping through UPS, they did try to keep shipping and customs costs down. Unfortunately I wasn't home when the package was delivered and my wife stroked a check to the UPS delivery driver for the required $117.20 USD. The check was made out to "UPS Brokerage". I suffered through some long phone calls with UPS as I tried to substantiate the $117.20 charge but they really wouldn't explain anything and simply stated that the charge was from US customs and that they were required to charge me for it. Had I known I would have never made this purchase so I figure I will try to let others learn from my experience.
    cheers!

5. sevenfoldtieguy

sevenfoldtieguy Senior member

PSA: JGilbert's color 8 NST boots on the Plaza have shipped out to the customer. I was notified via email shipment notification yesterday.

6. violethour1951

violethour1951 Senior member

7. Alcibiades

Alcibiades Senior member

I understand the intent - I see a lot of these bad, square toed Kenneth Cole black slip ons around with side gores, and these are clearly a vast improvement on that. The style itself has some virtue (comfortable, easy, on and off) and probably looks similar to a chukka or a PTB on the foot. Leather Soul will probably sell out of these. However, if I want a shoe with no or minimal laces, give me a tassel loafer, LHS or a chukka over these

8. ElDave

ElDave Senior member

Honestly, I dig them. I think they would be good as a travel shoe. I am getting a bit tired of carrying a travel shoehorn and lacing my shoes back up after securiy. Of course it sounds petty, but I generally take very early or very late flights and it becomes surprisingly annoying for me.

My bigger issue is that I think the style might be one that is really not well served by the creases and rolls of cordovan.

9. mcbrown

mcbrown Senior member

Not at all petty. Slip-ons are great for frequent travelers - the sanity saved is even greater than the time saved.

This would be my biggest concern as well.

10. MarioImpemba

MarioImpemba Senior member

Mine are on the Fed-Ex truck scheduled to deliver today [​IMG] I just hope they'll leave it with my apartment office while I'm at work.

I think shell would be well served on those, actually. I have some slip-ons in calf that have some pretty unsightly creasing all up and down the vamp.

11. hermano

hermano Active Member

howdy,
    can anyone tell me what last this model boot is on- 86066 H

thanks kindly!

12. rennavate

rennavate Senior member

Any updates on the Leffot Day Trippers?

13. sevenfoldtieguy

sevenfoldtieguy Senior member

+1

14. sazon

sazon Senior member

15. zippyh

zippyh Senior member

Getting those shoes because they're easy on/off for security checkpoints is evidence that the terrorists have won.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.