***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jasonfoote303

jasonfoote303 Senior member

[​IMG]
    cigar chukkas

Michael,
    I have been an admirer of your collection for some time now. With all due respect, may I ask how many pairs of shell Aldens you have?

Thank you,
    Jason

2. QTime

QTime Well-Known Member

Hm, let me place a guess before one of the last questions of mankind will be revealed.

Number of styles ever made by Alden multiplied by 5 (black-,#8,-whiskey-,ravello-,cigar-shell)

Guess that could be something about 80?

Simon.

3. mcarthur

mcarthur Senior member

[​IMG]
    ravello lwb

4. crosswound

crosswound Senior member

i already own a pair of alden longwing bluchers in cigar on barrie last which is 7d i bought a pair of alden af79 which is on leydon last in size 7.5d did i size wrong? because this seems a lot shorter and tighter or will the tightness go away and stretch some? its still a lot shorter compared to the barrie.

5. Arizor

Arizor Senior member

The tightness on the Leydon will go away, it is especially tight at the bottom of the tongue when you first wear them.

But don't worry, mine were very tight to begin with, and are within 2 weeks a perfect fit and my favourite Alden boot.

6. crosswound

crosswound Senior member

The tightness on the Leydon will go away, it is especially tight at the bottom of the tongue when you first wear them.

But don't worry, mine were very tight to begin with, and are within 2 weeks a perfect fit and my favourite Alden boot.

ok i see that i figured it would i honestly don't remember if my first pair was super tight like that and stretched but how do you explain the barrie one looking longer than the leydon one enough to notice. adam at a-o-c suggested i'd go with 7.5d on leydon if i took a 7d on barrie saying it would come out the same.

just wondering if i should return them before its too late.

7. crosswound

crosswound Senior member

[​IMG]
    ravello lwb

michaelw is this particular shoe with crepe soles? if so could i see more pictures like the bottom and side shot? just wondering because i'm thinking about purchasing the same shoe. but i like the double leather soles on my current ones.

thanks in advance

8. Dexter_

Dexter_ Senior member

ok i see that i figured it would i honestly don't remember if my first pair was super tight like that and stretched but how do you explain the barrie one looking longer than the leydon one enough to notice. adam at a-o-c suggested i'd go with 7.5d on leydon if i took a 7d on barrie saying it would come out the same.

just wondering if i should return them before its too late.

Sizing up half a size from your Barrie size is the way to go in general. Since each foot and fit preference is different you may have to adjust accordingly.

It will stretch but cordovan doesn't stretch as much as calf. If its uncomfortably too tight then it might not stretch enough for you. I forgot who said it but someone posted that the fit should feel right from the moment you try it on. If it doesn't, you will end up with regret down the road. I found that out the hard way. [​IMG]

ravello lwb

michaelw... just stop! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. crosswound

crosswound Senior member

i'm pretty sure my first pair was tight width wise overall but stretched to a good fit its the length i was worried about. anyhow i shipped it out for return to adam at alden hope all goes well with it. its too bad because i was really looking forward to them.

10. arrow

arrow Senior member

Thx for your awesome pics Michaelw...

I just bought 2 boots (cigar and ravello) and your worn pics gives me
    something to look forward to as they age over time.

11. Ahab

Ahab Senior member

http://www.askandyaboutclothes.com/f...ad.php?t=66901

Look for posts by the all-mighty Mcarthur. Go all the way back too... You will see what is probably the most extensive shell Alden collection in the World. I shit you not.

He is Mcarthur? I thought so but have been traveling and not posting as much.

12. mcarthur

mcarthur Senior member

michaelw is this particular shoe with crepe soles? if so could i see more pictures like the bottom and side shot? just wondering because i'm thinking about purchasing the same shoe. but i like the double leather soles on my current ones.

thanks in advance

this shoe has the crepe sole. i would highly recommend to purchase the ravello lwb with the double leather soles.

13. mcarthur

mcarthur Senior member

Thx for your awesome pics Michaelw...

I just bought 2 boots (cigar and ravello) and your worn pics gives me
    something to look forward to as they age over time.

did you buy the cigar chukkas and the ravello wingtip?

14. forex

forex Senior member

[​IMG] cigar chukkas
    are these on barrie last? They look unusually elongated,almost makes me want to get a pair of chukkas in cigar.

15. Trapp

Trapp Senior member

are these on barrie last? They look unusually elongated,almost makes me want to get a pair of chukkas in cigar.

I was thinking the same thing. I also wondered if they are a fairly small size, like an 8 or something, because the dimensions look great, nice and tidy. Whereas I owned the cigar chukkas for a year and a half in 9.5 before I sold them because they looked like gorgeous clown shoes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.