1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bakes11771

Bakes11771 Senior member

I've seen that before, but thanks for posting.

That is a light surface scratch. I'm asking about one that leaves an indentation that remains after the color is smoothed out with brushing.

2. 100 yrs

100 yrs Senior member

thinking about having an extra set of eyelets (or even doing it myself) added to a pair of chukkas to add a little extra snugness. i've seen mention of this before in this thread, anyone actually done it? a picture of the finished product would be awesome so I could get an idea of spacing.

3. phototristan

phototristan Senior member

You might just want to get the AE Dundee if you're looking for a 3 eyelet chukka -

[​IMG]

http://www.allenedmonds.com/aeonline/producti_SF3611_1_40000000001_-1

4. matt92037

matt92037 Well-Known Member

Those look very nice! Mine show up tomorrow. Problem is I am leaving on vacation tomorrow[​IMG]

5. Michael Haines

Michael Haines Senior member

I also get mine tomorrow and very excited as I still love a good black shoe

6. phototristan

I now have 2 Black Aldens, the BB PTB, and these. It's going to be hard deciding which one to wear. I like them both and the both have things that are unique about them.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2013
  7. ReppTiePrepster

ReppTiePrepster Senior member

Fantastic monks! [​IMG]

8. REguy

REguy Senior member

PSA...these have been up for a while, but Alden San Fran posted up several new boots. They have some of the popular shell models and the J. Gilbert tan wingtip without the commando sole. Lots of sizes left.

9. Ahab

Ahab Senior member

I tripped on a stone stair while wearing my Darlton wingtips. I was a little pissed since they were on the newer side so I was more interested in seeing IF I could make them look OK rather than taking pics. The scratches were deep, the color gone on the toe. I put on some brown shoe cream and shined them like I normally would. It took me to tries and the coloring was right but I could still see the scrape. I did not have a deer bone at the time so I just kept wearing them and brushing them. Even though the toe has brogueing I am not even sure I can tell where the scratches were after so many wears. I am a shell believer.

10. ReppTiePrepster

ReppTiePrepster Senior member

11. Kwaker

Kwaker Senior member

I saw your 2nd pair on the Bay ... kudos on profiting from J. Crew's pricing error!

Of course, I'd be singing a different tune if you were unloading my size.

12. david3558

david3558 Senior member

I wish I hadn't returned mine so others could kop... :embar:

13. Bakes11771

Bakes11771 Senior member

Thank you for your response.

So you are saying that time heals all wounds?

Last edited: Apr 2, 2013
  14. warrenjl1

warrenjl1 Senior member

So I know the conventional wisdom if you are an E width desiring a special pair that only comes in D is to size up one half size. I'm wondering how successful this is for folks. I have a ridiculous wide foot, an 8E in Trubalance. I've been thinking about the snuff suede loafers for my next pair, but I'm really starting to like the natural CXL colorways too. I want to make sure the width will really be there without being too long to wear comfortably. I'm afraid I'm going to be stuck with the standard offerings in E width. I love Aldens, but I'm not going to sit on a year long waiting list to wait for my size to come in.

15. Bakes11771

Bakes11771 Senior member

Is that unusual for the Tanker to be on Trubalance? Not my taste anyway, but I thought it was usually on Barrie or Aberdeen.

16. phototristan

Looks like they've got a Barrie Color 8 Indy boot. If I was looking for a shell Indy boot, that sounds like a one to get.

17. Bakes11771

Bakes11771 Senior member

Thanks, that certainly explains it.

18. Marshall W

Marshall W Active Member

I had an extra set of holes added.

[​IMG]

19. phototristan

I've been staring at them both for the last couple of hours. While they definitely have similarities, each has its own unique qualities that set them apart. Sorta like comparing a PTB to a chukka, similar, yet different.

20. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Senior member

In re Alden SF boot offerings: Tanker on Trubalance and Indy on Barrie, if I read properly. Seems distinctly possible that whoever updates the website isn't particularly familiar with Alden's. Maybe this is right. Buy it sure seems backwards. Fortunately I need neither.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.