1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 8: A Bespoke Coat from David Reeves

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a Bespoke Coat from David Reeves. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stevent

stevent Distinguished Member

Might stop by

Also anybody know who this modified makeup was for? Black shell:
    [​IMG]

2. ElDave

ElDave Senior Member

You're correct, but...$17 is, in my mind, a worthwhile risk to potentially save $300.

3. Profligate47

Profligate47 Senior Member

4. zazaza

zazaza Distinguished Member

In the past Mark (Waters) at shoe mart has been extremely helpful in describing any defects (or lack thereof) in pairs I was interested in. He's even gone as far as to take pics of the shoes in question.
    I def suggest reaching out to him if one is interested in something on the seconds list.

Sometimes the flaws are apparent, but the last pair I bought (whiskey LWBs) didn't even have an "R" on the sole and had no discernible defects.

5. Shiny

Shiny Senior Member

Can someone please forward me the 8.5D list of the irregulars? I subscribe to the 9d, but there may be a 8.5D on the wider lasts that I can fit into (size down 1/2 size). Pm or PM and I'll get you my email. Thanks!

6. jpc9

jpc9 Senior Member

Guys, where's Uncle Mac? Miss his daily fit pics.

Also, sorry to spam the thread, but interest check on a pair of new unworn Cigar LWB (AoC) in 8.5D. Shoot me a PM.

7. MCanavan6

MCanavan6 Well-Known Member

I'm considering picking up my first pair of "dress boots" (I have a pair of Clarks DB Beeswax) and after looking through various threads have decided upon going with something from Alden. I like both the Indy and Cap Toe Boot. The boot will mainly be paired with jeans with the possibility of chinos from time to time. I am leaning towards the Indy because I think the Cap Toe will be too formal for what I'm going for. Any advice on which one I should go with? What about color (I am thinking Dark Brown Chromexcel)?

8. kwhitelaw

kwhitelaw Distinguished Member

you got it narrowed down imo. brown chromexcel indy

9. private eyes

private eyes Senior Member

Ive been searching for a pair of indy boots in 8d for a while, for any less than retail, and man its hard. This list you speak of, are there any 8d indys?

10. sevenfoldtieguy

sevenfoldtieguy Distinguished Member

All is well with Uncle Mac. I emailed with him earlier today. He is bogged down at work. Not to worry - I'm sure he'll be back in the saddle before long ....

11. phototristan

phototristan Distinguished Member

I don't get why people are so attached to him.

Personally, I don't get much from his posts as all he posts are just things like "Wear in good health", "Enjoy" and calling people "Nephew".

Nothing against him or anything, he's cool and all, but there is actually very little content to his posts.

12. kwhitelaw

call the shoe mart tomorrow, they'll get you an updated inventory over the phone concerning Indys

edit: if they have indys in your size, anticipate them being $299 (going off a sz12 list with indys that i got this morning)

Last edited: Oct 2, 2012

13. dddrees

dddrees Distinguished Member

That size 12 price is a special price. I wouldn't anticipate paying anything less than full retail for any Indy boot if I were you. Unless you get lucky or your able to find something on eBay.

14. kwhitelaw

the poster I was quoting referenced the list from shoe mart, hence me including the price from the list I got this morning

15. PhiPsi32

PhiPsi32 Distinguished Member

Either you get it, or you don't.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.