***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blue collar

blue collar Senior member

I think a mens 6 or maybe 5.5 is the smallest size they make.. Being a woman I'd assume she would also need them in c or b width to boot. No pun intended :satisfied:

2. FENWAY

FENWAY Senior member

Otis Indy Shoe on this wet morning..
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 26, 2012

3. BootSpell

BootSpell Senior member

Mine would be a ravello PT boot with a flat 360 welt, double water lock soles and antique sole edging, on the modified last (Anatomica?).

4. Dr. D

Dr. D Senior member

I'd love to find a cigar PTB, unlined with flex sole.

5. grendel

grendel Senior member

A ravello version of the J Crew punch cap toe boot with a commando sole

6. Portland Dry Goods

Portland Dry Goods Affiliate Vendor

237 Commercial Street, Portland, Me 04102
    [​IMG]

David Wood just got these in - I'm seeing that Jcrew ran them a while back but I love the concept - I bet the suede would look good with a bit of wear and tear

7. Christoph

Christoph Senior member

Nice. Thanks for the tip. How do you keep up to date with what Alden DC is releasing?

8. Alcibiades

Alcibiades Senior member

I have a pair of these from Tassels Hong Kong - great shoes. And due to the dark suede, you feel more comfortable beating them up.

9. Alcibiades

Alcibiades Senior member

If you had to rank your chukkas in terms of use, versatility, etc, how would you order them? My cigar chukkas are kind of a "light cigar" - I am thinking about swapping them out for color 8 given I already have a good amount of cigar.

10. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Senior member

Che, from Alden DC, asked for people to PM emails for a list they are starting. This was a few weeks ago. SF user name is cfm8.

11. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

I need a couple of pairs of shoes for work this winter. Looking at the following:

• Black shell balmoral cap-toe, with or without perforated cap and with or without broguing on toe, Aberdeen / Hampton last
    • Cigar shell balmoral cap-toe, preferably just a plain captoe with no broguing, Aberdeen / Hampton

The Shoe Mart has both, ends up running about $1300 all in. Any suggestions as to a better place to order from that has those options?

EDIT: I may as well pose a sizing question, too. I have a pair of 10.5E 9015's, it's the Hampton last. They're well broken in now and fit okay, but are a bit on the snug side in the toe, so I was considering going to an 11D. Think that stepping up 1/2 size but going down a width will give me a touch more room? Was thinking the added length would let my toes sit a bit further back in the wider part of the shoe.

12. sevenfoldtieguy

sevenfoldtieguy Senior member

I would recommend the Alden for BB black shell captoe balmoral (perf tip). It is on the Snap last, and will run TTS. But it is 650. I am wearing them as I type and they are some of the best fitting Aldens that I own. As far as I know, no one else besides TSM carries the cigar shell captoe balmoral (straight tip).

An 11D should work for you. I can go up 1/2 size and down 1 width without any problems (e.g., Barrie last 9D or 9.5C).

13. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

Yeah I was looking at BB - just made a thread in MC on the last/model question, actually - and there is one 5 minutes from me (whereas trying to get an Alden bal in Canada at retail is impossible). It would also not be the worst thing ever to have a couple of different lasts rather than everything Hampton all the time. The tradeoff would be a significant increase in cost. I'm pretty sure the shell shoes run like... 900 bucks up here. It's also very difficult to use the snap last for sizing comparison, though, as my understanding is that it runs much shorter and narrower than the Hampton, so if I have to order in it's a bit of snafu. I think I'll talk to the BB people this afternoon.

14. mr chorizo

mr chorizo Senior member

just picked up my whiskey grail up BNIB on ebay.....very excited to share pics soon...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

^I assume you know how to size those, but if they don't work out for you or you ever decide to part with them let me know and I'll snap them up. I was going to grab them myself but you beat me to it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.