***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. interlockingny

interlockingny Senior member

My post on page 230 may cure you of that temptation pretty quickly.. [​IMG]

Hopefully you got a 'lemon'.

2. gnatty8

gnatty8 Senior member

Hopefully you got a 'lemon'.

Also hoping the merchant does the right thing and exchanges them, rather than ship them to Alden for repair, which would probably mean I'd get them back sometime in the fall.. [​IMG]

The way I see it, I was sold faulty shoes (shoes should not fall apart after 1 or 2 wears unless they were not made properly), so the merchant should deal with Alden, not me.

3. Mr.K

Mr.K Senior member

gnatty I just saw you post about your Alden. I am sorry to see that happen. I have had my tan pair for about 4 months and wear them alot with no issues. I love the style so much I just got a dark brown pair also. I hope your seller takes care of you and rpelaces them. That is unexceptable for only a couple hours of wear. Let us know how things turn out.

4. forex

forex Senior member

Also hoping the merchant does the right thing and exchanges them, rather than ship them to Alden for repair, which would probably mean I'd get them back sometime in the fall.. [​IMG]

The way I see it, I was sold faulty shoes (shoes should not fall apart after 1 or 2 wears unless they were not made properly), so the merchant should deal with Alden, not me.

Who did you get them from? Just so that we know, shoemart?

5. gnatty8

gnatty8 Senior member

gnatty I just saw you post about your Alden. I am sorry to see that happen. I have had my tan pair for about 4 months and wear them alot with no issues. I love the style so much I just got a dark brown pair also. I hope your seller takes care of you and rpelaces them. That is unexceptable for only a couple hours of wear. Let us know how things turn out.

I will.

Who did you get them from? Just so that we know, shoemart?

Don't want to bring the merchant into this right now since I am expecting they will make good, but will obviously let you all know if I end up getting the run around on these since I'd want to know something like that myself before buying from somebody..

6. Dexter_

Dexter_ Senior member

My post on page 230 may cure you of that temptation pretty quickly.. [​IMG]

[​IMG] Ouch! I hope all will work out.

How do you guys find the comfort level on the flex sole vs standard leather sole for all day wearing and such?

7. Mr.K

Mr.K Senior member

Dexter,
    I guess I am just lucky. I wear them for long hours at a time and they have not yet bothered my feet, even with walking around for hours.

8. djh

djh Senior member

I prefer the flex welt sole over other leather soles.. There's no break-in period at all.

9. Morgan

Morgan Senior member

I bought a pair of the flex welt chukkas as seconds from shoemart, and I wore them all weekend without any discomfort. I couldn't determine why they qualified as irregular, either. The Leydon last is a bit narrow in the toe box but the suede stretched out pretty quickly. They're far more supportive and comfortable than the j.crew desert boots they replaced. I could not walk around all day in those without serious fatigue.

10. REguy

REguy Senior member

Just as a PSA, I was in the NYC Alden today and they had lots of styles in whiskey...PTBs, Longwings, Norwegians, and Chukkas. Not sure how extensive their size availability is, but there was shell galore in other colors too. They also had Blackbird's Summer Suede Oxford in tan as well as a blue suede version.

11. AlanC

AlanC Minister of Trad

Yikes, just went back and saw the pic. Definitely a flawed pair. I've had flex-welt chukkas in snuff suede since last fall without any issues. They've not been worn hard, but harder than to the grocery store and Starbucks. I hope you get that taken care of without too much hassle.

I had an issue with a special order Alden last year, and Tom @ Leather Soul took care of the interaction with Alden for me. Actually, that's how I ended up with the flex-welts. Because of my narrow sized foot I had to preorder my size within the special order, therefore no replacement existed when there was a problem. I got the chukkas as a replacement, and really, they're much more versatile shoes for me.

Good luck!

12. djh

djh Senior member

^they need to be re-quoted.

Gratuitous flex welt shot:

[[​IMG]

13. LandoCal126

LandoCal126 Senior member

Just as a PSA, I was in the NYC Alden today and they had lots of styles in whiskey...PTBs, Longwings, Norwegians, and Chukkas. Not sure how extensive their size availability is, but there was shell galore in other colors too. They also had Blackbird's Summer Suede Oxford in tan as well as a blue suede version.
    Great store and very helpful guys. I was in there a few weeks ago when I was in NY. Here is their Info in case anyone would like it...

[​IMG]

14. jasonfoote303

jasonfoote303 Senior member

Alden for Unionmade San Francisco
    [​IMG]

15. gnatty8

gnatty8 Senior member

Yikes, just went back and saw the pic. Definitely a flawed pair. I've had flex-welt chukkas in snuff suede since last fall without any issues. They've not been worn hard, but harder than to the grocery store and Starbucks. I hope you get that taken care of without too much hassle.

I had an issue with a special order Alden last year, and Tom @ Leather Soul took care of the interaction with Alden for me. Actually, that's how I ended up with the flex-welts. Because of my narrow sized foot I had to preorder my size within the special order, therefore no replacement existed when there was a problem. I got the chukkas as a replacement, and really, they're much more versatile shoes for me.

Good luck!

Thanks Alan!

^they need to be re-quoted.

Man, thanks for that, if my merchant clears this up for me without too much hassle, looks like they'll be rewarded with an order for a pair in snuff suede also.. [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.