• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

lagsun

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

icon_gu_b_slayer%5B1%5D.gif
 These are on my short list

We're originally on my short list when I picked up Ravello LWBs a few weeks ago figuring I'd have time to save up for them. However had to jump on them when they became available.

mama mia, those are spectacular. :inlove:
are they on the barrie or trubalance?

Trubalance

dddrees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks to Yenni at J. Gilbert, I now have a pair of Cigar Indys. I was on the waitlist for their next order and and she contacted me that someone just backed out of the last order. Going to be hard to explain to the wife as I recently picked up Ravello LWBs off B&S as well. First world problems...
photogsb.jpg
Great looking boots.

Papa Doble

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

dddrees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
what do you guys think of the #8 wingtip from BB?
http://www.brooksbrothers.com/IWCat...935386&Parent_Id=&sort_by=§ioncolor=§ionsize=
not a fan of the eyelets but i love this makeup nonetheless. im hesitant because i need a size E in the plaza but only D is available. may need to take the gamble and hope D stretches to E
I actually bought a pair last month. The eyelets had me concerned a bit as well, but they're gorgeous looking shoes and once I put them on I never even noticed the eyelets.

mexicutioner

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i like the eyelets on casual shoes, but i really hate the look of the BB wingtips. first time i saw a picture, i thought it was some old-timey pair from the 1930's or something. at least in photos (never seen a pair in person) the eyelets just kill any sort of elegance.

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

i like the eyelets on casual shoes, but i really hate the look of the BB wingtips. first time i saw a picture, i thought it was some old-timey pair from the 1930's or something. at least in photos (never seen a pair in person) the eyelets just kill any sort of elegance.

haha yeah a female coworker mentioned this the other day as well, saying captoes and these at BB look like they are from the 1920s or 1880s

thebeebs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ I despised the eyelets until I got a pair. Not only do you never really notice the eyelets once you have them on, they actually look better. Trust me on this. I hated the eyelets more than ANYONE on this thread, guaranteed. And now I love them and wouldn't want my shoes any other way. Trust.

gjkirk

Reaction score
Greetings All

Was wondering if anyone knew where in the UK I can get my hands on a pair of the Alden wingtip boots? I own a few pairs of Aldens and the Bureau in Belfast has been my main supplier but am struggling to find the boots in the Uk.

Cheers

herrmj

Reaction score

RyanAnderson

Reaction score

I think RyanAnderson was asking about the ravello PTBs (9900) I posted.

I was, thanks for the response. Been contemplating those for about 6 months and your pictures may have convinced me to pull the trigger. Would be my first shell as well.

sevenfoldtieguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

^ I despised the eyelets until I got a pair.  Not only do you never really notice the eyelets once you have them on, they actually look better.  Trust me on this.  I hated the eyelets more than ANYONE on this thread, guaranteed.  And now I love them and wouldn't want my shoes any other way.  Trust.

I have the black shell wingtip bal from BB (eyelets; M-75 Last (somewhat like Plaza, but not Plaza)). I have the factory model color 8 shell wingtip bal - 974 (no eyelets; Tremont Last). They are equally dressy and neither is more casual than the other.

sevenfoldtieguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

With respect to eyelets on the wingtip bal in question, I couldn't disagree more with this statement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads