1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 7: A Made-to-Measure suit from Lanieri

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a Made-to-measure suit from Lanieri. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sevenfoldtieguy

sevenfoldtieguy Distinguished Member

This will make it difficult (if not impossible) for you in terms of getting anything free of charge. Take them to a competent cobbler.

2. Olifter

Olifter Senior Member

You probably need to call, but I had an issue with a pair I bought through a local distributor and they referred me back there.

3. mcbrown

mcbrown Senior Member

Gotta love this forum - can't ask a non-fit question without at least 3 people trying to diagnose your fit based on a closeup anyway. :)

Where are you located? If you have any decent cobblers in your area you might want to get an opinion/quote before going through the hassle of approaching Alden. This could be a simple matter of adding a stitch, which might be cheap. If it's a cheap repair, why go through the hassle of sending the shoes off by mail to a place where you won't be able to talk face-to-face with the repairperson? Besides, it's not obvious to me that this is a QC issue rather than a wear issue - it might be QC, but it's not obviously so. A consultation with a cobbler can also help you address that question.

Edit: Not to mention the obvious issue that even if blame can clearly be pinned on QC rather than wear, it's not obvious that Alden will help you out free of charge anyway. Start with a cobbler and go from there if you can.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2012

4. Bakes11771

Bakes11771 Distinguished Member

I've never approached them with an issue like this, but I would just call or email Alden and let them know that you have a shoe with a manufacturing defect and describe it. Ask if they can fix it.

If they ask where you bought them, just say that you dont remember, you think they may have come from...

or ask the seller where he got them.

I don't think it should matter who you bought them from, they still made the shoe. If they have only been worn less than 20 times, it doesn't seem unreasonable to suggest that it is a manufacturing defect.

I would be polite, but insistant.

Again, I have no expereince with this, but that is personally how I would approach it.

Good Luck.

5. sevenfoldtieguy

This is their standard company policy. Moreover, for issues of QC - based on experience and what I have been told - they require that the shoes come from the retailer, not the customer.

6. sevenfoldtieguy

... and underused.

7. Storm33

Storm33 Senior Member

Thanks to everyone who provided valuable input. I may just send them to Nick V. and see what he can do...

8. Patek

Patek Distinguished Member

Bump my own question.

9. blue collar

blue collar Distinguished Member

I don't own a pair of tankers but i do have shoes in both lasts. Most people are the same size in barrie and trubalance. However, some have said because of the hand sewn nature (gathering of material around the stitching) of the NST/tanker, it causes the barrie to fit a little tighter in the toe box than a ptb would. This should be considered if you are already tight, width wise, on the Trubalance.

10. blue collar

blue collar Distinguished Member

MIND=BLOWN!

11. sevenfoldtieguy

A wise decision indeed.

12. Olifter

Olifter Senior Member

I did not have a problem them, as it really was not a QC issue, I was sized incorrectly and the shoes were big. I ended up selling them on eBay.

13. sevenfoldtieguy

ok

I was just stating Alden's policy.

14. herrmj

herrmj Senior Member

Shoemart seconds list, they were made for Bellerose.

15. kwhitelaw

kwhitelaw Distinguished Member

was hoping you'd chime in, I couldnt remember.

hurry up and sell those natty boots before I have to take them off your hands.. on a preorder for leffot for natty indys the end of this yr, getting impatient lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.