1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was. I'd like to keep you abreast of the improvements we've made over the past few days.
    @notification emails have been added, in response to user requests

Attached images are now Full Size by default

Users are now all allowed three (3) links in their signature files,

SSL certification is now in place so you can all browse securely.

The server has been reconfigured so that site speeds will improve.

Notice: Right now the site is slow because we are fixing all the images from the past 4 months. Many of you noticed that these were missing, and we are fixing that problem now. Unfortunately, it is taking up a lot of resources and causing the site to be slow.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. El Argentino

El Argentino Senior member

@CTYCGG - always impressed by the red in your ravello lwbs. Very impressive.

1 person likes this.
  2. Countingsheep

Countingsheep Senior member

Yes sir. Thank you... Here's an unedited shot for real color

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 12, 2013
  3. sazon

sazon Senior member

that is some serious Indy strength. I love this pic.

4. Randomore

Randomore Senior member

Does anyone have experience having boots run larger than others on the same last? I tried on a pair of LWB on the Barrie last and tried on the same size and the same last on a boot and found it bigger. It makes picking my first Alden that much more confusing.

5. Dbear

Dbear Senior member

All my barries fit the same, have a LWB, PTB and a Captoe Boot.

6. poena

poena Senior member

I find my barrie lasted cap toe boots fit snugger in the same size as my LWB. I ended up going up half a size in the boot. they were the Jcrew cap toe boots for reference.

7. Alcibiades

Alcibiades Senior member

Which boot? A lot of people report that captoe boots in barrie run smaller than Barrie longwing bluchers

Different Alden lasts can fit differently in various shoes - just find a particular model that you like and fits you well

8. patrick_b

patrick_b Senior member

I went up a half size to TTS in my Barrie J. Crew cap toe boots. All other Barrie shoes are a half size down.

9. WhoKnewI

WhoKnewI Senior member

Interesting I did the same thing, because my LWB are an 8D and my jcrew captoes are 8.5D. At the same time though, an 8.5D in plaza is too small for me in the toebox.

10. Gcbrown3

Gcbrown3 Well-Known Member

I have multiple buyers interested. I don't buy anything just to flip. I have so many pairs of cordovan Alden's that I am forced to get rid of some of my doubles due to my female cohabitant. I told her that I would list them, as a gesture of good will, but since I have no reason to get rid of them, I'll only list them for an absurd price and if somebody in Japan or something wants to pay it, great. Otherwise, they're staying put.

I never thought that I actually get offers, but there seems to be a bidding war where people are offering more. Ooops! Now, I
    might actually have to sell them.

I am not a flipper or a seller. People who want the shoes should get them from the source and I really wanted them..,,still do.

I thought that I'd explain so as not to offend my fellow Alden people.

the scary fact is that $750 Alden's with tax are now pretty close to those absurd prices.

gone are the days....

11. Michigan Planner

Michigan Planner Senior member

No hard feelings here. I actually like your strategy of putting them up online to appease the significant other but at a slightly inflated price... I may have to try that next time my wife pushes me to clean out my record collection.

12. BeSpiffington

BeSpiffington Senior member

Gee whiz, I hope I don't have the same issue. My J Crew cap toe boots are arriving tomorrow. I'm an 11 1/2D measured on the brannock. Size 11D in my PTB's and LWB's works just fine. Because I have what some would call a low profile foot my Bluchers feel a little loose at 8:00am, but by six in the evening my feet are thankful for the extra room.

13. phototristan

phototristan Senior member

I buy 8.5D in all Alden Barrie shoes and it's worked out great for me. I think it's rare that it would be that different as long as it's the same last.

14. patrick_b

patrick_b Senior member

Sounds like you may be OK. This question gets asked every so often and there are a handful of us who report going up a half size larger on the Barrie cap toe boots. I have a high volume foot so perhaps that is the issue. I'd guess that 99% are the same size on the same lasts.

15. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

So did you go to an E width on the Plaza? I have yet to try on a Plaza last but I am an 8D on the Barrie as well and I tried an 8D Grant and it was way too tight. I think even an 8.5D would not fit me right so I am considering going to an E width on the slimmer lasts

16. Alcibiades

Alcibiades Senior member

For those of you with cordovan Indy boots on double leather soles (or I guess any boot on double leather), do you add anything to the sole (topy, toe taps, heel taps, etc)?

17. BeSpiffington

BeSpiffington Senior member

patrick, thanks for the reassurance. This is weird. I've ordered and bought things a lot more expensive than Alden's, and I've never had this kind of anticipatory angst waiting for a delivery. For lollipops sake they're just shoes.

18. Roguls

Roguls Senior member

I'm sorry, but I must correct this usage of "more."

Unique means "one of a kind." A noun is either unique or not, and cannot be quantified or qualified.

The best adjective here is "rare."

The Day Tripper is awesome, though I wish it had a double leather sole.

1 person likes this.
  19. Roguls

Roguls Senior member

Argentino school of photography graduate.

20. El Argentino

El Argentino Senior member

:nodding:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.