• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BIG WONG

Reaction score

Ravello LWB from AoC

sevenfoldtieguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Classic Americana. I usually wear bals but do sport my bluchers occasionally. The last pair of LWB to fill the rainbow...
Great shade of ravello uncle. Been busy getting ready to switch rotations and also moving; hope all with well with you.
Who has 10+ pairs? :thumbs-up:

count me in

marg

Reaction score
My alden progression:

original indy boot
#8 lwb
whiskey lwb (returned due to vamp coming loose and alden botching the repair job)
whiskey indy
black grant captoe
dark brown unlined suede chukka
#8 ptb
hampton black captoe bals
#8 lhs

cigar captoe boot on order since 1980 it feels like...
next purchase will likely be a ravello ptb/sw or some other boot
I have learned that I don't like alden calf - it stretches too much and doesn't hold its shape. Yes, I use correctly fitted trees. I will just have to venture out for calf shoes in the future.

hermano

Reaction score

I know right??
I was so pissed off that I called The Shoe Mart to complain about the Cigar LHS after my order was cancelled and I DEMANDED to the owner's daughter over the phone that she provide something in consideration for the inconvenience suffered by this whole affair. She was very apologetic over the ordeal, then she put me on hold went and talk to the owner to see what they could do for me. Amazingly, they offered to send me the LHS Ravello Shell Cordovan AND they gave me a 10% off coupon for a future order!! :slayer:. Here is my new order confirmation in case you want to try the same approach.
www.theshoemart.com/s10/orderconfirm/AldenStyle#67540...

I nearly broke my 'never post' rule, as your comments above really upset me, and then I hit your link, and all the anger washed away. then i broke my rule, so I could say thanks!

blue collar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

What others would round out your list?

LHS
PTB
LWB

Would be my 3 staple Alden styles (these styles all have a casual and American feel to them, and my not be perfect for guys who sport suits 90% of the time)

Last edited:

mexicutioner

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
seems like a lot of you guys consider the 403/405 indy to be pretty high up on the "My First Aldens" list.

hmm....

Dbear

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Gateway shoe.

From "...$400 for a boot seems like an awful lot...but it's supposed to last forever..."

To "...$600 is now the norm..."

To "...OMG...you might get some color 4? Here, take my wallet. I can also put my dog down as deposit..."

Morgan

Reaction score
My first three would be:
Shortwing balmoral, color #8
Plaintoe blucher, cigar
Longwing blucher, whiskey

I appreciate the Leisure Handsewn loafer love, but I find the Van last unwearable and prefer both the last and shade of brown shell used by Crockett & Jones for their Ralph Lauren loafers.

My current top three are:
Medallion captoe balmoral, color #8
Longwing blucher, cigar
Wingtip boots, ravello

I just picked up a pair of snuff suede chukkas on a crepe sole from j.crew. I've been looking for that exact makeup for years. They were sold out of my size online, but a store search found a pair in 8.5. Heading into fall, they are #1 with a bullet.

sevenfoldtieguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

^ Gateway shoe.

From "...$400 for a boot seems like an awful lot...but it's supposed to last forever..."

To "...$600 is now the norm..."

To "...OMG...you might get some color 4?  Here, take my wallet.  I can also put my dog down as deposit..."

:rotflmao:

SuitedDx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

To "...OMG...you might get some color 4?  Here, take my wallet.  I can also put my dog down as deposit..."

Considering the lead time of many MTO, that's a lot of dog years for waiting. :colgate:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads