***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ReppTiePrepster

ReppTiePrepster Senior member

That boot looks like the Plaza Last. Try the following link to J Gilbert's offering. This one has a commando sole though.
    http://www.alden-of-carmel.com/index.cfm/Shoes-Color_8_Wing_Tip_Boot_309.htm
    Hope this helps.

2. P. Bateman

P. Bateman Senior member

Is this the shell belt you're talking about?
    http://brooksbrothers.digby.com/bro...tDetail.do?subscript=1&itemId=108F&indexNum=3

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

3. shellshoe

shellshoe Member

Also on the fitting link it says Plaza last is slightly longer than regular U.S. size so how does it affect my shoe size? I have a pair of Lucchese Charlie 1 horse in 8EE and a pair of redwings 875 in size 8.5E if that helps?

Thanks again.

4. shellshoe

shellshoe Member

Hi thanks so much! It does look like you hit the bullseye! You are a great help! I have been looking all over the net for it and couldn't find where its sold! I have never owned a pair of Alden before so I am quite surprised Alden does OEM custom shoes for stores based on the stores design. Have you seen this shoes in leather soles instead of commando? I assume there isn't much difference between the two as commando soles simply have a layer of rubber over the original soles?

5. ReppTiePrepster

That fitting chart also says the Aberdeen Last is longer but I think most would say it fits true to size. I size down (10.5D to 10D) for Barrie and Trubalance. I've never tried the Plaza, so I couldn't say for sure. You might be best served to order the two sizes you think would be right and return the one that doesn't fit as well. Maybe a veteran SF person could give you more useful suggestions with fitting.

6. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

P. Bateman, yeah. I picked mine up from the SF BB

7. ReppTiePrepster

8. Morgan

Morgan Senior member

Those are definitely an early iteration of the Leather Soul plaza wingtip boot, which are likely not in stock right now. I think the most recent run was released last December in cigar and natty chrome. They come up from time to time on B&S, but if you want them now your best bet is J.Gilbert, as mentioned above.

Here's a shot of brown chromexcel jumper boot from Leather Soul:

[​IMG]

9. chipshot

chipshot Senior member

Looking for Ravello LHS 9D [​IMG]

10. LeatherSOUL

LeatherSOUL Senior member

Yup, West Hollywood. We'll probably be there around 7:00pm. I'll post a notice on our blog as it gets closer. Hopefully a bunch of LA Alden fans can join us to hang out and have a few beers.

11. herrmj

herrmj Senior member

J gilbert in seattle sells both lucchese and alden - call them and I am sure they can help with sizing. The commando sole is fairly low profile, but I can understand wanting a leather sole on a dress boot. http://jgilbertfootwear.com/

12. CTYGGG

CTYGGG Senior member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

LS Snuff Suede NST

13. closerlook

closerlook Senior member

this was supposed to say *some of the most...

14. chipshot

chipshot Senior member

I love my Lucchese boots, one Baby Buffalo Roper ... and of course you just have to have pointed toe Rough Out, both Classic series. Very practical footwear for rolling around here in Arizona.... Rocks and nasty surfaces are just everywhere and beat to hell out your shoes. Might have to give an Alden boot a roll to see if they hold up to this hostile on footwear state. Buffalo is insanely comfortable btw, even have some sandal in Buffalo, super durable and soft as a babies bottom.

15. chipshot

chipshot Senior member

Stunning shoe bro... insanely handsome .. caught my eye just straight up right away! Where did acquire these beauties?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.