***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alcibiades

Alcibiades Senior member

My whiskey chukkas have a bit of the same issue. Living and walking in NYC attracks the NYC "grime" sometimes (and I walk a lot in my Aldens). It is what it is. I can brush and shine them and they will look good and have the regular cordovan glow, I still will have some marks.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2012

2. natesjuice

natesjuice Member

beautiful shoes! may i ask you if those are antique edgetrim or the darker edgetrim that alden SF always uses for their ravello?

3. Man with Apple

Man with Apple Senior member

Continuing the ravello trend. My ravello ptb today.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. ThArtOfWardrobe

ThArtOfWardrobe Senior member

I know there's a lot of love for Adam of AoC on here but I wanted to share a bad experience I had with him. I placed an order for a pair of cigar longwings yesterday and inquired about the hue (per my previous post here in which I was hoping for little to no olive hue). He stated he had inspected the shoes but his policy is not to comment on shade or hue. I agreed to continue with the order as a final sale.

After the email exchange I checked the irregulars section and noticed he had posted a pair of cigar longwings in the exact size I had just ordered. I emailed him asking if I could order the pair of irregulars he had just posted but he said there had been several orders that had been placed earlier in the day, which is impossible as the shoes were not listed in the irregulars section prior to my initial order.

I understand that inquiring about hue did not align with his policy, but it's ridiculous to lie to a customer simply because they wanted to make an informed decision on a large expenditure.

5. Renalan

Renalan Senior member

From what I read, it seems like he went out of his way to inspect a few pairs of shoes for you to get what you requested. In this process, he discovered a pair which could be considered seconds. At your behest of wanting shoes without dye problems, he mailed the 1sts quality hand inspected shoe to you and listed the other shoe as an irregular (who knows what the defect is).

6. thebeebs

thebeebs Senior member

7. thebeebs

thebeebs Senior member

Objection, move to strike. Lacks foundation, speculation. Witness could not have had knowledge of what defendant did or did not do. [​IMG]

8. ThArtOfWardrobe

Which would have been fine if he had processed my original order for the pair of 1st quality shoes...but he didn't. So now I'm unable to purchase the pair of 1st quality shoes or irregulars.

9. Man with Apple

I find it hard to believe that he is unwilling to either sell you a pair of first quality shoes or the irregulars. I had a similar experience in that I ordered a pair of longwings and upon inspection there was a flaw. I was promptly notified that they were irregulars. I had the option to buy them but decided to held off for first quality shoes.

10. sevenfoldtieguy

sevenfoldtieguy Senior member

I believe his point is that due to the tardy processing of his order for 1st quality shoes, they no longer have his size. At least that's how I read his post.

11. Man with Apple

I was just going off of what I have seen on the AoC website recently. The only cigar longwing irregulars in the last week have been a size 8D. It appears that they still have that size available in first quality shoes: http://www.alden-of-carmel.com/index.cfm/Shoes-Cigar_284.htm

You may be right, but perhaps the OP should clarify.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2012

12. jhcam8

jhcam8 Senior member

Look around and you'll see virtually every style & color worn w/denim and chinos so just pick what you like. If you're talking about just pants and not a suit or coat then I wouldn't be overly concerned here.

13. HorseHide

HorseHide Senior member

So are you saying that Adam is the Shoe Nazi ("No shell for you!")?

14. ThArtOfWardrobe

I guess a simple question about the hue classified me as a high maintenance customer in his eyes because he then refused to process my original order for the 1st quality pair that is still listed in my size on the site and suggested I try The Shoe Mart as they might be more "accommodating" of my color question. Not a big deal, they're just shoes and I don't want to clog up this thread with a sob story but just wanted to give you guys a heads up on my experience.

15. sevenfoldtieguy

sevenfoldtieguy Senior member

Interesting ... and troubling all at once.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.