***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blue collar

blue collar Senior member

Just went through their shell page; some good hidden gems in there.

2. Waterloo 360T

Waterloo 360T Well-Known Member

Can anyone tell me what the edge trim color of the Alden of SF Cigar PTB is?

Thanks for the help.

Jason

3. chipshot

chipshot Senior member

Antique on the Chukka, looks great, I assume they would use the same on the LWB and PTB.

4. chipshot

chipshot Senior member

I need some help here. I have the #8 BB Unlined Penny. These shoes are at least 10 years old but never resoled. They are ready for B Nelson at this point. I noticed a tiny cracking between two stitches on the uppers. I've only used #8 paste very sparingly over the years in California. I am now in Arizona where it's as dry as a fart. I think these need some moisture maybe added. Was thinking Venetian shoe cream, I believe it comes in Neutral, or at least the bottle appears white cream like. Or... one of the Safire products from Kirby. Maybe just pickup some cordovan cream from AE here locally. Recommendations anyone? I want to get many more years out of these bomb loafers. Also, my Marlow for RL cordovan penny's seem very dry, not even the same sheen as the Alden BB Penny, very dull looking cordovan on those RL's. Funny, the RL other cordovans (Shortwing, PTB & Tassel) are normal Cigar color with a nice sheen. Net net, I need to get some moisture going here to keep these shell from cracking up in the desert.

5. Kashiwa

Kashiwa Senior member

@ Arrow, the photos of the McLarens LWBs on the Unionmade site do not do them justice at all. Beautiful shoes. Another request for more pics!

6. mcarthur

mcarthur Senior member

your whiskeys need the method

7. mcarthur

mcarthur Senior member

Very nice.
    The best ad for the cap toe boot?

thank you

8. sevenfoldtieguy

sevenfoldtieguy Senior member

Saphir Reno will work well if you are after moisture and not color. Saphir shell cordovan cream in burgundy and dark brown and black will add moisture and color. There is also a Saphir shell cordovan cream in neutral which I also have.

There is nothing wrong with Venetian (I have some and use it sometimes), but, IMO, nothing adds needed moisture to shell like the Saphir products. In the last few weeks I have treated no fewer than 25 shell models with Saphir Reno or Saphir shell cordovan cream. I would stay away from the AE shell cordovan cream.

9. sevenfoldtieguy

Call them and ask for Jim.

10. mcarthur

mcarthur Senior member

nephew,
    thank you

11. mcarthur

mcarthur Senior member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    #8 nst
    argyles otc

Last edited: Aug 16, 2012

12. ThArtOfWardrobe

ThArtOfWardrobe Senior member

Quote:
    Has cigar lost pretty much all of the olive hue it once had? I'd really like to get some longwings and am partial to the cigar color that I've been seeing lately that doesn't seem to have a trace of green. CTYGGG's are a perfect example...also love the edge trim on the AF81s but I know Alden of Carmel won't accept returns if I don't care for the shade once I receive them. Thanks in advance to any owners of recently purchased cigar who can help.

13. sevenfoldtieguy

Color 8 chukkas. Cigar chukkas.

14. sevenfoldtieguy

Has cigar lost pretty much all of the olive hue it once had? I'd really like to get some longwings and am partial to the cigar color that I've been seeing lately that doesn't seem to have a trace of green. CTYGGG's are a perfect example...also love the edge trim on the AF81s but I know Alden of Carmel won't accept returns if I don't care for the shade once I receive them. Thanks in advance to any owners of recently purchased cigar who can help.

A very recent cigar purchase of mine was the cigar/snuff suede saddle shoe from Leffot. Not a trace of olive in the pair I have.

15. Kashiwa

Kashiwa Senior member

Versatile can mean a lot of things. If you can elaborate on how you plan to wear them, I think you'll get more helpful advice.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.