1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 8: A Bespoke Coat from David Reeves

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a Bespoke Coat from David Reeves. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mcarthur

mcarthur Stylish Dinosaur

[​IMG]
    #8 lhs
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 12, 2012

2. oboy_oboy

oboy_oboy Distinguished Member

Thanks all. I do have some concern about the TB heel, but I'm wondering if it's mitigated a bit in a boot vs a shoe? I also have a long second toe, so I worry sometimes about sizing down w/ re: toe box room but that's just my own weird variable.

3. ElDave

ElDave Senior Member

For what it's worth, I have a narrow heel, high instep, E-width forefoot, absolutely no arch, and my pinky toe hates to be in shoes at all (this is also called "jacked up feet.")

I like boots because they generally provide a roomier fit and the higher lacing keeps the heel from jiggling around.

My Indy boots are, by far, my most comfortable leather shoes.

4. Briar Snob

Briar Snob Senior Member

Moulded Shoe is doing a Chromexcel wingtip boot on the modified last. The order is still open -- just call or email them. Their website is: http://mouldedshoe.com/aldenpipeline.html

Good luck,

Andrew

5. Briar Snob

Briar Snob Senior Member

Moulded Shoe in NY has a CXL wingtip boot on the modified last in their future pipeline site. If interested, call Rafael or email him -- he is a true gentleman. Their website is: http://mouldedshoe.com/alden.html

Good luck,

Andrew

6. Costa

Costa Senior Member

7. 0waterbouys

0waterbouys Senior Member

Damn..... 1/2 size too big for me [​IMG]

8. Kashiwa

Kashiwa Senior Member

New arrivals at Moulded Shoe.

[​IMG]

9. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Distinguished Member

10. BIG WONG

BIG WONG Well-Known Member

11. marmottan

marmottan Well-Known Member

+1.
    I'm sure someone on this thread would have bought them for $1k.

12. Alcibiades

Alcibiades Distinguished Member

To all Whiskey Indy owners...

What do you wear them with? When I want to wear whiskey, 4 times out of 5 I gravitate towards the a chukka vs the Indy (did the same thing yesterday). The combination of the rugged Indy shape, the reverse welt, lack of a rugged sole (i.e. doubler waterlock as opposed to a commando sole) and the light color make it a hard shoe to wear. With chinos, the chukka almost always looks better. I've been wearing less denim over the summer due to the weather, and when the fall hits, I fear that I will be reaching for other boots (cigar, chromexcel, color 8, etc) over the whiskey Indy. I'm trying to justify keeping these boots (because the pair I have is a great example of them).

13. HorseHide

HorseHide Senior Member

^ I've had the same issue - the color is beautiful but it doesn't go with much (I'm down to one pair of shortwings from Tassels and a pair of PTBs on order). Can't justify the shelf space and the $$$ for shoes that I don't wear.

14. Michigan Planner

Michigan Planner Distinguished Member

I have them and while I really like them, I was having the same concerns. I really wanted mine with a commando sole but alas, it was not meant to be (I may still stake them to a local cobbler though and have one put on). And you are right about the color and the proportions of the boot making it a tough fit. In the end though, I just told myself that I paid a pretty penny for the boots and by golly, I'm going to wear them! Now I commonly wear them with my denim, chinos, and I've even worn them with some whipcords. Once the colder weather arrives, I plan to break them out with corduroy (of all colors) and moleskin as well. I've decided that the bright color of the boot (as opposed to the #8 Tankers I normally would wear) are great and really add a pop of color.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.