***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HorseHide

HorseHide Senior member

Don't know if that's true - it's my understanding that they changed their policy because they couldn't keep track of all of the modifications once they disassembled the shoe. Now they just look up the model number (each unique make-up has a different model number).

2. sevenfoldtieguy

sevenfoldtieguy Senior member

Sounds good to me. I understand they have no website. Anyone know why?

3. chipshot

chipshot Senior member

Excuse me, could you explain the spoon part for me. Thanks mucho~ Sorry picture haters, didn't know how to do this without pictures being viewed again, but ... what the hell great looking shoes... tough it out!

4. sevenfoldtieguy

sevenfoldtieguy Senior member

True; indeed, literally each model (whether stock or unique make-up or whatever) has its own number. Even Alden for BB shoes have their own model numbers even if essentially the exact same shoe as a factory stock model, e.g., the shell monk from BB.

5. stanford88

stanford88 Senior member

Uncle,

Has someone asked you what your favorite or top Alden shoe is? What about shell color?

T

6. meso

meso Senior member

Gave in to peer pressure and have a pair of chrome excel indy oxfords on their way at a nice price.

[​IMG]

7. macjedi

macjedi Senior member

I'm considering getting in on Leffot's Alden Tanker Color 8 Pre-order. Unfortunately, the 8.5D is sold out … but the 8.5E is still available. I haven't had any experience with the Barrie last, but from what I've read, it similar to the Trubalance. I'm comfortable in an 8.5D Alden 403, so would the 8.5E be a good compromise or just wishful thinking? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much!!

8. Dbear

Dbear Senior member

9. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Senior member

If you are comfortable in an 8.5D Indy, then 8.5E Barrie is going to be substantially wider and offer more volume overall. Of course, they are boots so you will be able to lace them up to get a better fit and you can always wear heavier socks to fill them out.

Standard caveat is that these are $700+, so perhaps you want to wait to get a size you know is right for you.

Bottom line, my opinion is that 8.5E could work for you. It all depends on how committed you are to making it work.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2012
  10. HorseHide

HorseHide Senior member

As Frank says, it might work but... Why not contact Context and see what they're doing (they offer what looks like the same boot and they are $3 cheaper with free shipping!)

11. macjedi

macjedi Senior member

Thanks so much for the advice guys! I think I'll hold off. The 8.5D was available two nights ago, but was sold out by the time I was ready to pull the trigger. I've wanted the Color 8 Chukkas for awhile, so I think I'll try an 8.5D and see how it goes before being tempted by another pre-order. :)

Thanks Again!!

12. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Senior member

^ #8 Chukkas are a classic. I always love those when I see them posted here. None in my closet yet, but that's because they're always out there... waiting for me... :)

13. macjedi

macjedi Senior member

Thanks HorseHide! I saw that page a few days ago, but there weren't any sizes available in the pulldown so I figured it was an old page. I'll call them and see what's what. Thanks again!

14. ecox

ecox Active Member

It's a good day for whiskey.

[​IMG]

15. Renalan

Renalan Senior member

[​IMG]

Longwings today.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.