1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Broark

Broark Senior member

2. closerlook

closerlook Senior member

exactly what DonL said, on both points

3. sevenfoldtieguy

sevenfoldtieguy Senior member

No objection to the above; however, there are times I want the shell to darken. For those times the burgundy and dark brown Saphir creams are great. Admittedly, most shells I have intentionally darkened are from AE.

4. jrd617

jrd617 Senior member

If I wear a 10D in the Copley loafer, would I be best fit in an Aberdeen full strap in 10E?

I know the Copley is wider

5. El Argentino

El Argentino Senior member

Dangit. Knew I shouldn't have hesitated. Was browsing the bay today and saw an 11.5 Barrie double leather sole #8 LWB pop up for $79, w/ a BIN at $229. Should've just pulled the trigger before heading out for soccer. :facepalm:

If it was a forum member, congrats - and you know where to sell it if fit doesn't work out. :nodding:

6. SuitedDx

SuitedDx Senior member

I hate you. It's worse in the other end of the spectrum (smaller sizes) with prices going probably much higher than the norm due to overseas markets. Haven't been wearing much Aldens recently since I've been trying to get some mileage on my bal boots but for casual Friday: Day Trippers (Leffot) [​IMG]

2 people like this.
  7. Pastor

Pastor Senior member

It was pictures on this thread that contributed to my shoe addiction. Although I don't get on here as much as I use to I thought that I may contribute.

Today i'm wearing my J.Crew Tobacco LWB
    [​IMG]

Cigar Indy - These are my favorite casual boots
    [​IMG]

Cigar LWB - My first Aldens (I also bought Ravello WT boots at the same time)
    [​IMG]

2 people like this.
  8. Don L

Don L Senior member

9. MrDV

MrDV Senior member

Great looking boots.

10. Papa Doble

Papa Doble Senior member

Awesome boots. What do you guys think are the chances of Day Trippers being available again in the next year or two?

11. imolazhp_ci

imolazhp_ci Senior member

100%

12. Papa Doble

Papa Doble Senior member

I think I'm going to hold out for them and be ready to pull the trigger immediately. I will need to nail down my size on the Grant in preparation.

13. Alcibiades

Alcibiades Senior member

I believe the last shipment of Day Trippers from Leffot were entirely presold, and I'd imagine any future shipments would be as well. Check in with them to see if they are doing another run, when they expect them, etc. I know Tassels offers the same boot in Barrie as well.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2013
  14. imolazhp_ci

i spoke to steven last month and he said there would definitely be another run, pre-order, when that will be exactly isn't yet determined but sometime in the near (by Alden terms) future. so definitely in the next year or so most likely.

15. what whale

what whale Senior member

Hey all. First time poster.

I'm finally ready to do the deed and get my first pair of Aldens. Some variation of the Indy boot.

Thing is, I live in the Northeast, and am really learning toward the commando sole. Leffot has the 405C, which features the commando sole and is available in my size, but I'm really learning toward the darker CXE leather. So I've emailed Leather Soul to inquire about the Ultimate Indy in my size (10.5 D, I believe).

The best boot I've seen yet though is Epaulet's Innsbruck Indy, which seem unavailable at the moment. Would anyone more familiar with this than myself be willing to comment on their availability a) for sale here, on eBay, etc. or b) being re-run by Alden. Love the brass with the CXE leather.

The third option I guess would be to order the standard Indy 403 and have them resoled? Would it be possible through Alden (or a similar avenue) to have the brass added?

Thanks very much in advance -- I appreciate any help anyone's will to lend!

ww

16. stmaier

stmaier Senior member

I got the same info from Colin. They are waiting for their order to be confirmed by Alden. Once it is, the Day Trippers will be put up for pre-order.

17. imolazhp_ci

agreed on the commando for NE. just ordered the dark brown CXL (not CXE :)) ultimate indy for LS myself.

if you really wanted, you could get the eyelets replaced for brass by B. Nelson. it's expensive and not worth it but people have done stranger things for aesthetic reasons.

resoling a commando sole isn't really a viable option. Alden will now only resole shoes with the original sole they had. further, alden's commando sole is proprietary and stitched on where most others similar are glued on. unless you want a lugged Vibram sole similar to the 404 Kudu indy, that can be done by any cobbler.

18. Calikid

Calikid Senior member

That is a steal... nice...
    You never know what will happen on Ebay. I put up 974's for sale, someone bought them and then wouldn't pay. Unbelievable

19. Papa Doble

Papa Doble Senior member

Received some Leffot #8 Tankers this week:
    [​IMG]

A few more pics:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I almost wish I didn't look, but while an inspection under normal indoor lighting reveals essentially no flaws, under direct sunlight the front of the left boot has a section that appears lighter (took the dye differently, I guess), and that has a dark line in the middle of this section.
    [​IMG]

A few more pics of this imperfection:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. Bakes11771

Bakes11771 Senior member

Fist of all, quality photos!

Unfortunate about the imperfection, but I wouldn't say it is a deal breaker.

Wear in good health!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.