• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

amftx

Reaction score

I'd say its a matter of preference.  I like to baby my shoes, while others just worry about enjoying them, and there are even those who prefer the worn look.

This.

Indys are work boots. Wear them and enjoy them. They're meant for mud, rain, sun, etc.

I mean jeeez, INDIANA JONES WORE THEM.

I wouldn't wear them with a suit though.

Last edited:

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not one to baby my shoes. On the rare days that it's raining and I'm wearing a suit, I generally wear my black shell chukkas. If it's raining but I'm in my normal work clothes, (sport coat and chinos) I usually wear my kudu longwings on the crepe sole.

LImorowman

Reaction score
Hi Bakes, yes i am, Massapequa. How about you? Thanks for the tips guys. I may be saving up for the Indy's now..

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Today's choice:

Pebble grain longwings on a red brick sole:

Alcibiades

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Does anyone use Saphir Renovateur on chromexcel leather?

I use Alden's neutral fine boot cream on chromexcel (mainly because I have been given two free tubs). Gives it a good luster

Last edited:

rmc

Reaction score
apologize for my ignorance, but when you guys use the mac method, do you guys use a slightly damp cloth or dry cloth for buffing (after using the horsehair brush)?

mr chorizo

Reaction score

sevenfoldtieguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yes, it is outstanding

+1

I was reminded how much I like Saphir Reno as I treated numerous pairs of shells yesterday - whiskey, ravello, cigar, color 8. I know of no other product, neutral in color, that provides such a nice infusion of moisture for shell. :nodding:

sevenfoldtieguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Like Uncle says: Whatever I would otherwise wear, +overshoes.  I know that they are ugly, but when you get inside you can just take them off.

In my mind, that is a better option than wearing boots with a suit.

That is my personal take on this issue too. Not saying boots with a suit can't be done - just that I can't bring myself to do it. I will, however, go with certain shell boots with most everything short of a suit (which I am doing today with gabardines, shirt, tie, and color 8 chukkas). Completely off topic - dress shirts - the BB luxury line slim fit is perhaps the best cut of RTW dress shirt on the market, IMO (slimmer than BB's other "slim fit" shirts, but not so slim a guy feels like he is in a wiener casing).

Hope Monday is treating everyone well ...

0waterbouys

Reaction score
I don't know if everyone knows this already or not but Need Supply carries a decent selection of Aldens and as they are an affiliate of SF they give out discount codes to members. SFAUG10 is a 10% off code for this month, and I just tried it on a pair of Indy's and it applied and gave $46 off. They carry some cool makeups- thought some people here might be interested.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads