• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

the_state

Reaction score
Just a heads up, Steven Alan on Franklin St in TriBeCa has some really amazing custom Aldens in stock. Great stuff that I haven't seen around the blogosphere.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Epaulet West Egg longwings.
Although they're also on the Leydon last, they don't feel as narrow as my unlined chukkas which is probably a good thing.
image001yyr.jpg

image005bq.jpg

makewayhomer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
this may not be the place for it, but if anyone has any 9D (or TTS equivalent) shell longwings or chukkas that are too small for them and would prefer a 9.5D AE Shell Longwing, PM me!

Ahab

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zippyh
Epaulet West Egg longwings.
Although they're also on the Leydon last, they don't feel as narrow as my unlined chukkas which is probably a good thing.

Those are tight.
thumbs-up.gif

Trapp

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those longwings might be the nicest longwing I've ever seen. I love the whole configuration.

mg428

Reaction score
Originally Posted by b-ill
Great post on the Horween blog about Chromexcel leather

Yes very nice article indeed.

I was wondering whether anyone knows why Alden only uses brown or dark brown kudu CXL and not some other common colors, such ad navy and black?

makewayhomer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mg428

I was wondering whether anyone knows why Alden only uses brown or dark brown kudu CXL and not some other common colors, such ad navy and black?

I dunno, but they do the same with Shell. Ron Rider uses all kinds of different colors (from Horween) that Alden doesnt

enigma77

Reaction score
Originally Posted by zippyh
Epaulet West Egg longwings. Although they're also on the Leydon last, they don't feel as narrow as my unlined chukkas which is probably a good thing.
Nice! I didn't know Epaulet had a custom heel pad. That's awesome.
Originally Posted by b-ill
Great post on the Horween blog about Chromexcel leather
Yeah, excellent article. Really long and detailed. I love how the hides turn blue -- this is something I had never heard about.

jasonfoote303

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mg428

I've got a couple in the works for Unionmade SF in black and natural chromexcel.

Also be on the lookout for a bunch of people (LeatherSoul, Leffot, Winn Perry I think) coming out with makeups in the natural chromexcel. The swatch has been going around and it looks fantastic.

djh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^Very nice, I got those a couple weeks ago and am waiting for the tan ones.

Mr.K

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am the opposite, I got my tan ones about 2 months ago and these lastnight.

winston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Why did you have to wait so long? They seem to be readily available.

slide13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can't remember...do the unlined chukkas have a heel counter?

Great looking boots, i need to pick a pair up sometime.

djh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They're really not that readily available - ShoeMart and Sherman Brothers were both out of stock when I ordered 5 weeks ago. I'm sure I could've found them somewhere, but I'd rather get 10% off and free shipping and wait 6-8 weeks for a shoe I'd wear mostly in the Spring/Summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads